Wikileaks Apr 5th leak - Collateral Murder

An open area for free-thinkers and believers to slug it out.

Re: Wikileaks Apr 5th leak - Collateral Murder

Unread postby Seppe Cools » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm

War is war. And it's rather stupid to watch it as a movie from the sideline, as people do. ( I'm referring to the media, and websites like the one mentioned in the first post )
Last edited by Seppe Cools on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By creating unique stuff you are changing the future of the world forever, making your life worth lived.
Seppe Cools

Reputation point: 813

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:33 am

I am struggling to see the difference between this case and Bloody Sunday that occurred in the 1970s.

There has to be parity, either war is war and one accepts collateral damage. Or sovereign forces are to be held accountable for all deaths.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Good question. What would happen? China and Russia are not the most open about information in the first place. The countries that have had information released have been fairly open Western Democracies for the most part (though not just them). How would they react? Most likely, with flat out denial, which is what the others would be better suited to doing. Deny anything released, even if it's 110% true. Deny anything - hell, deny the stuff that is really true that you admitted to previously. Deny, deny, deny. Some might think covert ops against them or something like that. But you'd be surprised what simple denial can do.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Previous

Return to Rational Thought vs Irrational Beliefs