RON PAUL - FUCK NO!

An open area for free-thinkers and believers to slug it out.

RON PAUL - FUCK NO!

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Have my topics been a little economic or a little political (or both) of late? Perhaps. They certainly have nothing to do with my atheism of late. Interesting that, but then again, with none here to battle on the theological, we must train our skeptical eyes to other topics. Obviously, the topic here is the topic that is part of the Republican primaries buzz in the states, Ron Paul.

Now, for the benefit of some of you reading this, I am not making my core argument just yet. I need more data to support the preliminary conclusion, but I'll throw up that conclusion and a bit of the arguments used to get there. That said, let me be perfectly blunt - Ron Paul is a fucking lunatic.

There, done.

Actually, lunatic is a strong word, but it is one that seems almost warranted for this man. Some libertarians point to him as being the idea candidate, a man that believes in free markets and limited, smaller governments. But dig into his actual positions and actions, what he's said and what he's supported, and you find that for every supposed sane point he takes, he adopts 2 more that are related to it that are not sane. For example, yes, he is for the transfer of powers back to the states rather than being in the hands of the Federal Government. However, when he says that, one of the things he means is that the states will get to choose what laws they may impose without reference to any Federal jurisdiction. No problems there, right? Yep, all those pesky laws, like the ones restricting religious tests for public office? Gone. Fuck that, that's a federal protection. States have the right to make their own laws. Oh, gays and lesbians married in other states, the federal law requiring marriages in one to be recognized in all states? Gone. Fuck the homosexuals, go be gay in Canada, you mutants. Abortion? LEGAL!!???? AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................no. Fuck that. States should decide that issue and they should all choose to ban, of course.

Another position - get rid of the IRS. Income tax is a pox on the populace. Surely it can be done without. Yep, Government doesn't need that money anyway. Nope. No sir, Social Security and the other programs pay for themselves, after all. Hmmm, what's that? They don't? Well, they are criminal programs anyway, instituted under a legitimate clause in the Constitution, so they have no right to be there. We'll just get rid of that ..... huh? Oh, the people living off that cheque and the people depending on it being there for their own retirement? Yeah .... ummm .... fuck'em. Yep, serves them right for buying into a retirement program. They should have known ... what? The revenue from the payroll taxes are used on that so my point is moot? Deary me, are you serious? Social Security has been robbed multiple times over the years. There is no pot of money and the payroll tax is insubstantial compared to the burden to be paid, so of course the balance is coming from other revenues, including income tax. But no worries, we just abolish both at the same time. That fixes that.

Another? Sure! Let's stop the use of this abhorrent fake currency the Fed "prints". Ron had a bill for that not long ago, let's just pass that. Let's see here - ah, here is the bill:

110th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 2756
To repeal section 5103 of title 31, United States Code.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
June 15, 2007
Mr. PAUL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Financial Services
A BILL
To repeal section 5103 of title 31, United States Code.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Honest Money Act'.

SEC. 2. REPEAL OF LEGAL TENDER LAWS.
(a) In General- Section 5103 of title 31, United States Code, (relating to legal tender) is hereby repealed.
(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for subchapter I of chapter 51 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by striking the item relating to section 5103 and inserting the following new item:
5103. [Repealed]'.

Mmmhmmm! Done and done.....what is it now? Excerpt? Summary? Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. You seem confused. That is the bill, the entire bill. Repeal Section 5103 immediately. That is, US dollar is legal tender one day and funny money the next. No transition provisions, no alternatives, no plans. Just eliminate the legal status of the currency immediately. Nope, not going to cause a single problem. Not one! GO RON PAUL!!

Need I continue? Perhaps not, but I will likely provide more as time passes.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Return to Rational Thought vs Irrational Beliefs