The Hunt

An open area for free-thinkers and believers to slug it out.

The Hunt

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:17 am

I want to preface this opening by stating that ; I am not against the hunting of animals by other animals or humans.

That said I have read that so many species are teitering on the verge of extinction that hunting has become a vulgarity and not a valid pastime.

The Daily Mail lists an article showing several affected species.

The problem I have with this is the hunt is not justifiable, in my opinion, animals are hunted for reward. Further they are not even hunted. Some loser shoots them, no skills required, point and click.

I personlly am OK with hunting on two conditions:

1. The hunit is based on survivall; kill or die?

2. Hunting is a skilled being learned/taught. Nets, traps, dogs all valid for me. 6x scope, loser.

I know a similar topic was open before, but it was a side thread of a main post, and I don't think it got the attention it deserved.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Re: The Hunt

Unread postby willow » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 am

I tend to agree, big game hunting is somewhat popular in BC with Grizzly Bears and a few other things. I dont understand the appeal to people. I realize they think its enjoyable and what not but I dont understand how shooting something like that is entertaining. Americans are to some degree the worst for this I think but dont know much about hunting on other continents. In the US for 'hunting' you can get depending on the state, night vision and thermal scopes, armour piercing bullets and such. At which point how is there any 'sport' I always understood the desire of big game hunting and such to be partly based on the fact that the animal being hunted is often itself a hunter and is possibly hunting you.
dirty work... the right google key words...
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 932

Return to Rational Thought vs Irrational Beliefs