Thread Organization Tool

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Thread Organization Tool

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm

We have so many threads on similar topics these days, but discussing different aspects/lines of thought of the same thing.

The example I shall use will be the whole H1N1 topic threads.

Instead of having them all dispersed throughout one large thread with many pages, is there a tool in which we can group like threads together under one main overhead?

This would keep all relevant topics about a discussion under one, easy to navigate, roof while allowing the poster to more readily post in the one that is relevant to his line of thought.

Not only would this make the forum more user-friendly, it may reduce the occurrence of having to move/merge posts into other topics.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Re: Thread Organization Tool

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 pm

If moving and merging were happening then maybe but since the only moderator action that happens with any regularity is editing user posts then I see no need. Also, as has been pointed out, the two H1N1 threads are deserving of their own threads.

Ultimately thread organisation is the responsibility of the staff not the code, I will set up some general guidelines for moderators in the next few weeks to help you guys identify when you should be taking action, until then common sense is advised :)
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:49 am

Recently I was searching the net, and I stumbled on a forum where it automatically gave links to similar threads below.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 am

Something along those lines could be helpful. This is more for the users than us. We need to attract more people.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Return to Integration Station