New Discussion Categories

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Re: New Discussion Categories

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

dr210077 wrote:Debating what? How to be amused?

Now you're just mocking me -_-
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby A_theist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

H3RM3S78 wrote:
A_theist wrote:I know what a Recreation Room is, but that has the exact SAME meaning as "Chill Out" - except I like the Chill Out better.

Kinda like duplicate threads that are kept in different forums become different threads?

No. Not like that at all.

H3RM3S78 wrote:
A_theist wrote:I see HW's point. That goes along with spreading things too thin. Nobody wants to click on 7 different categories to check for new threads they want to keep up with. I agree that it's a delicate balancing act. Too FEW categories is chaos while too MANY is a burden and an annoyance to users.

You are the one who wants more forums, Chris. I don't dissagree with you, but dont turn around and say that i'm the one who wants to add more forums. You lost major respect points here. Hypocrits rate very low in my books.
I never DID say that you were the one who wanted more categories. If you thought I did, then you read me wrong. I'm the one who wants more categories.

H3RM3S78 wrote:
A_theist wrote:Also consider - we don't REALLY need to decide this stuff because it's already BEEN decided very effectively... by other sources. For example: other forums, and also News/Entertainment websites. They've already split categories quite effectively, so we have examples to look at and see what we like.

Chris you are the only one in this forum who lets others decide what you believe in.

What does this comment have to do with this thread? I have a new idea for a 'smilies' icon that I'll post on the other thread: a trashcan... for comments like the above.

H3RM3S78 wrote:
A_theist wrote:I'm pushing for SPORTS and ENTERTAINMENT (Music/Movies/Video Games)... either by those names or more clever names with the same idea.

SPORTS is fine, but ENTERTAINMENT is not a forum in which i would post my deepest passions about. Music may be nothing more than entertainment to you Chris, but to me its closer to God than you will ever be.
H3RM3S - don't turn this thread into this kind of discussion. Take HW's advice and stay out of the discussion if you feel another urge to post irrelevant and untrue garbage because you feel like being an asshole. If you want me to respond to this, I'll start a new thread in RT vs IB and post there. We're not talking about God. I know music means a lot to you, and to some people music is something deep to connect with. I understand that... but you have to understand that we need to cater to the average, here, and the average person (on RSS, now and in the future) doesn't seem to share in this with you. I don't see why you have a problem posting your "deepest passions" in ENTERTAINMENT but you don't have a problem if it's "THE BOOM ROOM".

You read my comments and somehow felt that I was attacking you, but I wasn't - yet when HW says he doesn't like the BOOM ROOM and when he says that maybe you shouldn't be part of this discussion... I don't see you getting in his face at all. Are you upset because I said music is entertainment???

edited: deleted extra tag
Last edited by A_theist on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
A_theist

Reputation point: 17

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:59 pm

A_theist wrote:I see HW's point. That goes along with spreading things too thin. Nobody wants to click on 7 different categories to check for new threads they want to keep up with. I agree that it's a delicate balancing act. Too FEW categories is chaos while too MANY is a burden and an annoyance to users.
H3RM3S78 wrote:You are the one who wants more forums, Chris. I don't dissagree with you, but dont turn around and say that i'm the one who wants to add more forums. You lost major respect points here. Hypocrits rate very low in my books.
I never DID say that you were the one who wanted more categories. If you thought I did, then you read me wrong. I'm the one who wants more categories.

I am very releived to read that. I'm sorry i called you a hypocrite.

A_theist wrote:Also consider - we don't REALLY need to decide this stuff because it's already BEEN decided very effectively... by other sources. For example: other forums, and also News/Entertainment websites. They've already split categories quite effectively, so we have examples to look at and see what we like.
H3RM3S78 wrote:Chris you are the only one in this forum who lets others decide what you believe in.

What does this comment have to do with this thread? I have a new idea for a 'smilies' icon that I'll post on the other thread: a trashcan... for comments like the above.

It was a joke.

A_theist wrote:Take HW's advice and stay out of the discussion if you feel another urge to post irrelevant and untrue garbage because you feel like being an asshole. If you want me to respond to this, I'll start a new thread in RT vs IB and post there.

That wasn't advice meant for me. That was a "suggestion". And all HW is saying by it is he's heard enough of me. That doesn't mean i have to stop posting. All it means is he may not care to read whatever else i write. However, i doubt he'll stop himself. Also it definately means that he wants to read other people's opinions.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:06 am

You know, pming me is a great way to get your suggestions noticed, especially with all the debate going on in this thread.

and secondly, if you do pm me, don't forget that you also have to show why we need any new forums if your suggesting a new forum.
Last edited by DarthRavanger on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Previous

Return to Integration Station