'Smilies' and Icons

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

'Smilies' and Icons

Unread postby A_theist » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

I know people have suggested new/different smilies and icons in the past. Here's a thread for posting and discussing new/different additions, so there doesn't need to be 1 new thread for each individual suggestion.

Anyways, I wanted to suggest adding a small red flag on a black pole to the 'smilies' icon database for posting. I think the red flag will be useful when posting. We could use it when we think people are spouting bullshit, or when people are overlooking/ignoring parts of a post that we think they should or would like them to address.

As a bonus... it would be a really easy icon to make, unless someone wanted to bother animating it likeit's flapping in the wind. Then it would be harder.

What do you think about this suggestion: adding a red flag to the 'smiley' icon database?
Last edited by A_theist on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
A_theist

Reputation point: 17

Re: 'Smilies' and Icons

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 am

Could be useful. I'm for it.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm

dr told us mods over 6 months ago that to add another smilie would be a problem, because it would require one to be shit-canned in order to do so.
So, if you want said new smilie, which one will we shit-can?
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 pm

HalloweenWeed wrote:dr told us mods over 6 months ago that to add another smilie would be a problem, because it would require one to be shit-canned in order to do so.

I think these are either redundant, gay or useless: :) :roll: :!: :?: :arrow:
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby A_theist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm

H3RM3S78 wrote:
HalloweenWeed wrote:dr told us mods over 6 months ago that to add another smilie would be a problem, because it would require one to be shit-canned in order to do so.

I like the eye roll :roll: but we could DEFINITELY get rid of these: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :)

Plus we have "geek" :geek: and "uber geek" :ugeek: - so we could get rid of the first one.
Last edited by A_theist on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
A_theist

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 pm

A_theist wrote:
H3RM3S78 wrote:

I like the eye roll :roll: but we could DEFINITELY get rid of these: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :)

Plus we have "geek" :geek: and "uber geek" :ugeek: - so we could get rid of the first one.

:idea: is nice sometimes. At least i get ideas once in a while.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Why do we need :?: or :!: when we have the same in text? I don't think we need :arrow: either, when is the last time you seen someone use it? I think these three are all primarily useless.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Unread postby A_theist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 pm

HalloweenWeed wrote:Why do we need :?: or :!: when we have the same in text? I don't think we need :arrow: either, when is the last time you seen someone use it? I think these three are all primarily useless.

I agree. And I had another idea for a 'smilies' icon, based on some user's comment that I thought was garbage.

Let's add:

1) A red flag

and

2) A garbage can

LOL - I would make good use of those! OR, replacing one of those... how about a pile of horse shit? :lol:

A_theist

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm

A_theist wrote:Let's add:

and

2) A garbage can

LOL - I would make good use of those! OR, replacing one of those... how about a pile of horse shit? :lol:

Yeah, I love both of those ideas. Shall I start drawing dr (for the can and the pile)?
Trouble is, I expect to have to change out my motherboard twice in the next three weeks. I may have little time to draw after tomorrow.
HalloweenWeed

Return to Integration Station