Order of Posts + OP

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Order of Posts + OP

Unread postby A_theist » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 pm

I'd like to suggest we reverse the order that the posts are displayed when you enter a forum Topic. The most recent post should be the 2nd post you see, and the first post you see should be the OP. I know this is possible because I've seen it on another forum.

It makes sense that one should see what the original thread topic was intended to be about, and then that they should see the most recent posts instead of having to jump to the last page to see the most recent posts.

Cheers, and good job maintaining the forum
~Chris
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
A_theist

Reputation point: 17

Re: Order of Posts + OP

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Holy crap, doing that would save billions upon billions of threads from being totally de-railed. I can't believe I haven't seen that little mechanism on other forums. Keeping the OP at the top would save quite a bit of frustration for the one introducing the topic. I am for it as much as I am for :69:.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
Intercourseman72

Reputation point: 541

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:07 am

Not a bad idea to implement. Sounds interesting, but I haven't seen it in other forums.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:01 am

The post order can be changed in member's 'display options' settings, ascending or descending. I like it like it is, but I could set that for myself. So Chris is really talking just the default setting there. Whatever.
As for the OP at the top, yeah, I like that idea too. I have seen other forums that worked like that.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Return to Integration Station