Changes to Profile Options

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Changes to Profile Options

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:11 pm

....have been made. I was wondering if they are showing for you.

A few new options are present. Small changes have been added.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Re: Changes to Profile Options

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Moved topic to Integration Station
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 pm

For anyone who isn't sure where to find the changes, go to the User Control Panel-->Profile-->World Views

One of the changes is World Views, which was Free thinker or believer. Under this heading Undecided should be added along with a change in spelling for christian.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 pm

dr210077 wrote:For anyone who isn't sure where to find the changes, go to the User Control Panel-->Profile-->World Views

One of the changes is World Views, which was Free thinker or believer. Under this heading Undecided should be added along with a change in spelling for christian.

Also, the option to state Male or Female is available.

If you would like to request more additions to religious options or anything else, do so here.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Beleiver? Or not?

Unread postby chrispalasz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:54 am

Is your capacity for thinking bound and strapped by the short sighted limitations that come with ruling out the existence of higher beings or is your mind free to conceive of finding a purpose in nature and to consider the existence of one or more immeasurably superior beings?
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
chrispalasz

Reputation point: 0

Re: Beleiver? Or not?

Unread postby foobunny » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:58 am

I do not think that my unbelief bounds me at all. I think I am quite free to think for myself, and I am doing so. This thinking and research has lead me to the conlcusion that there is no god. So right now that is what I believe. However, I am still open to the possibility. Something could still prove to me that there is a god, but it has yet to happen. However, I am quite certain this god would not be the god of the abrahamic religions.
foobunny

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby Jnthn44 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 am

I would then ask if your mind is being strapped by a belief in a higher being.

I have never said "there. is. no. god." or god-like thing but until one is proven to me, I'm not gonna sit here and say that i believe in one...unfounded faith is not my style :D
Jnthn44

Reputation point: 13

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:16 am

I am quite certain that the abhramic god does not exist. Could a god-like entity exist? Possibly, but I'd put the probability on the low end of the scale, along with everyone's head will simultaneously explode the next time I speak.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby tetropods » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:21 am

no matter how many people say something is true, i will not believe them unless they provide actual evidence. :D
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 500

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:24 am

Chris: "You guys lack imagination."

More or less, that is the context of your post.

Chris, we want the evidence. We're curious about our origins, but we see there is no evidence of this 'god' person besides a bunch of deluded people claiming this because their parents told them.

So while it's cute to pretend, it's more satisfying for us to see the evidence and draw conclusions from this.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Next

Return to Integration Station