Reply Button

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Reply Button

Unread postby Grimstad » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 am

Is it possible to add a "Reply" button that references a particular post without quoting it?
Not a big deal just curious
Of all my senses, I value my sense of humor the most

agnostic: Subcategory Apetheist.
Grimstad

Reputation point: 12

Re: Reply Button

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:21 am

Hmmm. What do you mean?
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:23 am

The only way to do this is to fuck with the database that underpins the forum.....Did you see what happened earlier today, when I dained to fuck with the database? I'll see if I can't find something to do this on teh wbe, in the mean time use @ and RE to signify a response without a quote.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby roid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:23 am

yeah i think he wants comment nesting. that's a big change man.
roid

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:27 am

Lol...what's comment nesting?
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Unread postby roid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:59 am

like this.

Where every comment is a reply to another comment. Where threads do NOT run in a single "latest post goes to the bottom" typical linear forum fashion. Instead - every reply to an individual post goes directly underneath that post. It's called "nesting" coz the comment appears to have created a nest in another comment. Other comments can then nest themselves into those comments as well - thereby replicating huge TREE like branched post formations.
It is non-linear.

I'd say it's like newsgroups, but newsgroups are kinda archaic by today's standards i'm not sure if many people even know what they are anymore.
roid

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby Grimstad » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:55 am

Ok. I was just curious. It's probably not worth it. I was just being lazy.

Edit: Nesting isn't what I was talking about.

dr210077 wrote:

This is what I meant
Of all my senses, I value my sense of humor the most

agnostic: Subcategory Apetheist.
Grimstad

Reputation point: 12

Unread postby Jnthn44 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Have you guys ever thought about a Quick Reply at the bottom of each thread page so we don't have to go to a seperate page to post replies?
Jnthn44

Reputation point: 13

Unread postby dr210077 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Jnthn44 wrote:Have you guys ever thought about a Quick Reply at the bottom of each thread page so we don't have to go to a seperate page to post replies?

I have found a mod that will do this, but the installation may cause some problems. The thread associated with the mod has lots of people having problems installing it to individual styles that are not prosilver or subsilver. Also, from what I can tell, there are two different sets of code that needs to be executed depending on the style being used. I will download the mod and have a closer look, if it is viable, I'll apply it. It will take me a while though, so if I do install it, it won't be until the weekend at the earliest.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Jnthn44 wrote:Have you guys ever thought about a Quick Reply at the bottom of each thread page so we don't have to go to a seperate page to post replies?

What is this and what does it accomplish?
RSS YouTube
TheBlueFalconX

Next

Return to Integration Station