Believers in what are asked not to post

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Believers in what are asked not to post

Unread postby notma » Sat May 16, 2009 4:27 pm

I know this has come up before elsewhere but is it really necessary to exclude the non atheists from posting in a section of the site, it seems a bit rude.
There is no god, Nature sufficeth unto herself; in no wise hath she need of an author.
notma

Reputation point: 380

Re: Believers in what are asked not to post

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:43 pm

I agree with Darth, while it does request in the forum description that believers not post there, we have never stopped posted from believers. Maybe we should change the description, as it's only real purpose is to discourage argument?
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby notma » Sat May 16, 2009 10:52 pm

I never even thought about it before, but chris was posting today and edited his response out of free thinkers and then started a new thread, so it hasn't really stopped an argument just disjointed it.
There is no god, Nature sufficeth unto herself; in no wise hath she need of an author.
notma

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Well notma, the free-thinkers forum certainly has the perception of being atheist only, which was most likely the cause of chris' actions. However, we've never deleted a believers post in that section, and they can post there.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Should we change the "Believers are asked not to post." To something like, "Please do not debate here"?
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sat May 16, 2009 11:13 pm

dr210077 wrote:Should we change the "Believers are asked not to post." To something like, "Please do not debate here"?

eww, no. That would hamper the debate between fellow free-thinkers.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Unread postby notma » Sat May 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Could go to each and every active christian member and tell him he can post there, :D but maybe the wording could be tweaked a little?
notma

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sat May 16, 2009 11:30 pm

notma wrote:Could go to each and every active christian member and tell him he can post there, :D but maybe the wording could be tweaked a little?

any suggestions?

DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Unread postby notma » Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Would it make a huge difference if the words Believers are asked not to post, were left off.
notma

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sat May 16, 2009 11:40 pm

notma wrote:Would it make a huge difference if the words Believers are asked not to post, were left off.

I like it.

DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Next

Return to Integration Station