Charity Donation

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Re: Charity Donation

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:22 am

Nothing, I'll try to make contact with both charities and ask if they are averse to our idea. If they aren't, I'll sort something out with regard to links. If they have concerns, I'll reconvene and hopefully we can find a way to show them we are honest in our intentions.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby notma » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:26 am

If that fails I believe venomfangx needs help with his car repayments :lol:
There is no god, Nature sufficeth unto herself; in no wise hath she need of an author.
notma

Reputation point: 380

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 am

notma wrote:If that fails I believe venomfangx needs help with his car repayments :lol:

Hahaha awww poor baby needs help adapting to the real world. Where's your god now?
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby chrispalasz » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:56 am

Well this thread is certainly a pleasant and uncommon thing to find on an Atheist website or web forum. Way to stand out! I like it!

Great job everyone. Great idea.
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
chrispalasz

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:58 am

chrispalasz wrote:Well this thread is certainly a pleasant and uncommon thing to find on an Atheist website or web forum. Way to stand out! I like it!

You should be so surprised really.

You must hold the belief that atheists are incapable of any form of good. :? :roll:
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby chrispalasz » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:45 am

TheBlueFalconX wrote:
chrispalasz wrote:Well this thread is certainly a pleasant and uncommon thing to find on an Atheist website or web forum. Way to stand out! I like it!

You should be so surprised really.

You must hold the belief that atheists are incapable of any form of good. :? :roll:

Awww, don't get all bent out of shape. Congratulations on a step towards smashing negative stereotypes! :D
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
chrispalasz

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 pm

I know this idea got kind of buried in the myriad of other changes, but after watching a documentary on channel four about the stigmatization of children as witches in Nigeria, I thought it would be appropriate to use the button menu on the prosilver style to link through to their donation page.

A little bit about the Stepping Stones Nigeria Charity

Basically christian churches in Nigeria are convincing their congregations that some children are witches or wizards who eat human flesh and cause all the general hardships that their society faces. These children are usually abandoned by their families and often are mutilated or in extreme cases, murdered. The Stepping Stones Charity provides aid, shelter and education to these children. They also work to raise the awareness of the plight of the children. In the last 12 months they have successfully petitioned the government of Nigeria to pass into law an act which criminalises anyone who is found to be stigmatising children. You can find out more about Stepping Stones by visiting their website.

Stepping Stones Nigeria

The following is a link to the documentary I watched Dispatches It should be noted that this Channel 4 link will probably not work after 25 days from the date on this post :(
Last edited by dr210077 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Previous

Return to Integration Station