Modern YouTube environment

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Re: Modern YouTube environment

Unread postby dr210077 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm

According to the guys at phpbb the reason for it not being the default, has to do with xml 1.0 strict validation. I think though that they went ott by making it standard for posted links.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby dr210077 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm not sure but I think that the links in a new tab may not be working for every new use of the URL tag, can you guys start posting links to this thread and commenting on whether or not the links open in a new browser tab? Thanks in advance :)

I think I just worked it out, if you use the URL bbcode, it will open the link in a new browser tab for everyone, if however, you rely on phpbb to change a non-tagged url to a clickable link, the resultant link will behave as they always have. :P
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:08 pm

All 3 of willows links in the posting I tried all opened in the current tab, I don't think it's a big thing normally I middle click links to force them to open in a new tab. Sometimes I forget and end up spending hours on one of the links from this site. Usually then I spend the next day at work looking like this :shock: "need coffee".
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:28 pm

The "youtubebig" tag has been added to satisfy this request, as such I'm locking this topic :) Image
Last edited by dr210077 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Integration Station