Change in the forum width/Reputation Mod

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

Change in the forum width/Reputation Mod

Unread postby dr210077 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 pm

You guys will probably have noticed that the width of the forum has shrunk significantly, this is due to some ongoing changes to the site which involve integrating the forum and the blog. The change in width is to bring the forum more closely in line with the blog, so that the site has a more unified feel.

Sorry for any inconvenience, hope you enjoy the new look :)
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Re: Change in the forum width.

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 pm

dr210077 wrote:You guys will probably have noticed that the width of the forum has shrunk significantly, this is due to some ongoing changes to the site which involve integrating the forum and the blog. The change in width is to bring the forum more closely in line with the blog, so that the site has a more unified feel.

the forum is skinnier now? haven't noticed.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Re: Change in the forum width.

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:27 pm

DarthRavanger wrote:
dr210077 wrote:You guys will probably have noticed that the width of the forum has shrunk significantly, this is due to some ongoing changes to the site which involve integrating the forum and the blog. The change in width is to bring the forum more closely in line with the blog, so that the site has a more unified feel.

the forum is skinnier now? haven't noticed.

The change only affects users of the prosilver/aerogreen styles, as support for the other styles is being dropped in order to concentrate on the integration of the various elements of the site :)
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change in the forum width/Reputation Mod

Unread postby dr210077 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:50 pm

For users of the prosilver style, I have added a reputation system. Prosilver users will notice that the user profile in posts now sports a thumbs up and thumbs down icon. They can use this to give reputation points to users based on posts, the more rep points a user gets, the more rep power they accrue. The more rep power a user has dictates how many rep points are awarded when they rate a post.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change in the forum width/Reputation Mod

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:14 pm

dr210077 wrote:For users of the prosilver style, I have added a reputation system. Prosilver users will notice that the user profile in posts now sports a thumbs up and thumbs down icon. They can use this to give reputation points to users based on posts, the more rep points a user gets, the more rep power they accrue. The more rep power a user has dictates how many rep points are awarded when they rate a post.

Awesome dr, I missed this feature from tAA. But, as you know, there is always room for improvement. I suggest a more prominent display of points on the user profile portion of each post, such as an icon approx. the size of a smiley such as a thumbs up/down and a number next to it, or integrated into it. If an up/dn icon is too complex to code, then just use a thumb up icon (other than the one for the link) and use negative sign on the subsequent number for those who have negative reputation; similar to what we have now but with an added icon.

I will have to investigate this usage at a later date, I have been very busy with relatives visiting and then my workload has increased to negate all my spare time lately; considering my NFL viewing time as well.

Appendage: I didn't see the bargraph style thing 'till I posted the above message. I suppose that works too.
Last edited by HalloweenWeed on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: New info learned just after posting
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

User Wall/Edit Time stamp

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:29 pm

User Wall has been added as has an edit time stamp for every "submitted" edit. It should be noted that the wall is only available to prosilver users and bbcode is not currently allowed in wall comments.
Last edited by dr210077 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Integration Station