The prosilver style

A place to suggest improvements or changes.

The prosilver style

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Many of you may be curious as to why only the prosilver style is receiving new modifications. The reason is two fold; for a start it reduces the time it takes to implement a mod drastically, since I only need to change the files pertaining to one of the styles, sometimes style changes in a mod run into five or six files and two to three changes in each of those files. As you can see such changes exponentially increase the work I have to do and slow site development in its entirety. Secondly, all mods for phpBB, (the front end that we use), are designed for the prosilver style, that means that when I run into a problem applying a mod, I have a very sophisticated team of seasoned developers to call on. They know the prosilver style and all the code that makes up that style so any problem I have is either core code or my own mistakes, and since the core code is very stable, people giving me help are able to quickly point out where I have gone wrong.

I am trying to make the prosilver style more pleasing to you guys, and I'd appreciate any improvements you'd like to see :D
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Re: The prosilver style

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Yay and now the prosilver is silver.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm

I have just noticed while testing out the new BBcode tag, that the features updated in the last phpBB update weren't applied to the other styles. This means that the quick reply is only available in prosilver :/0:
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Post count does not increase when you use the quick reply option. I am fickle I liked being on 666 posts for ages, now I am on 667 I want to get to 1000.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby dr210077 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm

The quick reply does increase post count, but there is a minimum number of characters which any post should contain, (whether made using QR or the normal post-reply page) before a user's post count is increased. The current minimum is 200 characters, but I may increase that since it is so small.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:24 pm

That makes sense, I thank you.
UnwantedSunbeam

Return to Integration Station