Forum Rules

Welcome to the Rational Skeptics Society.
Tell us about yourself here.

Forum Rules

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Turns out we don't need rules, so here they may or may not be:

1. You need not be an atheist to post on Rational Skeptics Society Forum. However, you do have to be an atheist to engage in our poker games at DVR's house every 2nd Friday into the new month.

2. You may create multiple threads for the same topic, but really... that's kinda annoying. If you would like to create a topic, there's a button that allows you to do so. You may or may not have to fill out a 30 min long survey on the founding of Cúcuta by Juana Rangel de Cuellar on June 17, 1773.

3. You don't have to post topics in the appropriate category, becuase we don't expect you to know where they should or shouldn't go if they border two topic options. For instance, complaining that these rules don't pwn enough should be done in the Integration Station, but is NOT limited to the I.S.

4. You may spam the forum with irrelevant content, because most of the time it can be amusing especially if the content is a lolcat. This includes creating topics simply to promote your free-energy scheme, etc.

5. "Bumping" is amazing. It allows others to understand you want to topic to be revisited should you be the last person to post and are waiting for a rebuttle or convo continuation of some sort.

6. This website is hosted, updated, maintained and moderated because we enjoy doing it. If you enjoy using it, you have the option of donating money but are not obligated to. You are people here, not dollar signs.

If you are unable to follow these 6 amazingly awesome rules, you will be encouraged to try harder. If you continue to offend, there is no real punishment because this is a forum where it's understood people have opposing viewpoints and volatile personalities. If you offend further, I will have you transferred to Yellowknife where you will have to shovel snow for a living.

(Def: snow - a type of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes that fall from clouds. It sucks to shovel this shit. Don't fuck with us.)

Thanks for reading and please enjoy your rule-mocking stay at Rational Skeptics Society Forum. :D

Cheers,

All of us here at the RSS!
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Re: Forum Rules

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Btw, if you haven't noticed this is sorta poking fun at the forum rules over at TAA.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Unread postby MistahTom » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm

TheBlueFalconX wrote:Btw, if you haven't noticed this is sorta poking fun at the forum rules over at TAA.

#7 Commonsense is permitted but only when we agree with it. If we don't agree with your commonsense we will put you in "prison" where the only punishment is the word "prisoner" appearing above all of your posts.

(j/k)
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 pm

I want to add a serious rule, if I may?

Discussion, debate and conversation are organic. The topics may change, but the flow of conversation shouldn't! So everyone should enjoy the agreements and disagreements of others here, no-one should feel that they can't post because of the topic title!
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby jscott1213 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:03 am

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP OH GOD OH GOD BUMP BUMP!
*smoking a cigarette* 8-)
PLEASE NOTE Some quantum physics theories suggest that when the post recipient is not directly viewing this post it may cease to exist or will exist only in a vague and undetermined state.
jscott1213
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 516

Unread postby dr210077 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:14 am

jscott1213 wrote:BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP OH GOD OH GOD BUMP BUMP!
*smoking a cigarette* 8-)

Such sexy bumps!!! :twisted:
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby jscott1213 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:15 am

thanks, I needed that!
PLEASE NOTE Some quantum physics theories suggest that when the post recipient is not directly viewing this post it may cease to exist or will exist only in a vague and undetermined state.
jscott1213
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 516

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 am

My bumps, my bumps, my lovely daily bumps!
RSS YouTube
TheBlueFalconX

Unread postby MistahTom » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 am

BUMPS FOR JUSTICE!!!!!

I was ~ 2 weeks sober too with the bumping.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby cowzrppl2 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm

My pastor told me not to bump. . .

BUUUUUU-MP!
cowzrppl2

Reputation point: 0

Next

Return to Welcome