YouTube going to 1080P

Got a YT vid you want to discuss? Post it here! Please start each topic with the video you wish to discuss.

YouTube going to 1080P

Unread postby MistahTom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:35 am

Article Here

So I guess...start uploading videos in the highest quality you can?
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: YouTube going to 1080P

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:25 am

I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby MistahTom » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:27 am

TheBlueFalconX wrote:

Oh shit, I was gonna post this. It confirms some of my suspicions. Maybe this should be it's own topic.

I like the Amazing Atheist shout out @10:10. I was totally not expecting that.
Last edited by MistahTom on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 am

Same. Wasn't expecting the TAA shout out either. Was like EEEE!

None of this surprises me either...
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 am

I've seen TAA featured before. he's got over 100k subs. youtube won't ignore that. I haven't seen craftnation though, and he does make quality videos and is fairly popular. Youtube is making some big mistakes by proposing all this shit. I doubt any other vloging site will ever get as big as youtube, but such animosity from frustrated users will encourage competition. I also doubt that google will ever realize the people they are marginalizing as they decrease the costs of maintaining youtube, but they are still going to lose revenue if they continue doing this for sure. Most people on youtube watch lots of over-hyped garbage but are still certain to come across a lot of enjoyable videos with less than 1000 views or whatever. That's what makes youtube so alluring and addictive. It's that search for something you had never even thought about. And you can only explore something that organic if you allow amateurs to make shitty quality videos.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
Intercourseman72

Reputation point: 541

Unread postby tetropods » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Meh, you couldn't really expect that youtube would stay the same and not become commercialized. I fine with what ever youtube decides to do. Plus people will still use it because no matter what they do to it, it's still youtube, and they can throw that name around.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 500

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Because of my 200MB/day Satellite Internet "FAP", I was already very limited in the amount of YouTube content I could watch per day, if I put up with failure to loads, and refresh a time or two every couple of pages in order to just get it to work. I have always been of the opinion that the vid quality is too low regardless. So I think it is a good thing that they are increasing the quality, but maybe they went too far. What's more, even when I re-encoded my three short vids that I uploaded into a compressed format, at 320 X 240, it took almost an hour to upload and had to attempt several times before it worked (it worked 1st try when I installed and used Google gears though). So I cannot imagine uploading a vid at 1080p res over 3 minutes long. It would take a day or more!

So I am unaffected by the change, so long as they still offer the vids in lower res as well. But for those with gonjo Internet connections, more power to you.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Return to YouTube Videos