Kindle Books

Read a book with friends and discuss your opinions here.

Kindle Books

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:57 am

This is a great link to find Kindle books that are Free. There are other searches on there too but I have found the price search to be so much better than Amazons own:

Jungle Search
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Re: Kindle Books

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Nice. The Galaxy Tab that I have has a link to an online library of similar free books and they are not throw-away novels as you might assume (being free and all).I like reading on this thing mostly because it is very convenient. No books to lug around (just a small device). It reads PDF's too, so I can print a website to PDF and read that stuff at me leisure.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 am

This site has not launched yet, and I am not sure of the legitimacy of what it claims to do but could be good if it is all above board:

http://kbookcycle.com/
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm

That does look like the ticket if it's for reals. Loaning the books like that would be pretty cool. Of course, some will say OH NOES PIRACY!! But honestly, if I were to pirate it, why would I bother with a service like that when there are usenet binaries and torrent sites and the like?
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

I have yet to see a full explaination of this Azmo, I assume that if I give a copy of an ebook to a friend then where is the harm? I frequently read and pass along paper books, it seems to be that having a little extra control is promoting greed.
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 am

I found this link that appears to offer some sample (not pub domain) ebooks.

It seems to be a legitimate offer, however if anyone suspects it is unlawful please let me know and I will remove the link from this post.
UnwantedSunbeam

Return to Book Club