Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden

Unread postby dc-10 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Recently saw an article about the FBI using the image of a spanish leftist poltician as digitally altering it to create what bin Laden may now look like. Only they got caught on when the politician saw the picture and realised it was him. :roll:

It was not too many years ago that bin Laden was on the front page of every newspaper.
He was the great government and media bogeyman.
The one that watched your children and secretly plotted your doom.

Where is he now? Dead? Alive?
Whats the party line around the world? or has he just drifted into obscurity.
To both sides keeping alive his image has obvious advantages, but I'm not much of a conspiracy nut.

Last I heard he was in atrocious renal failure requiring dialysis. I can't honestly believe he could still be alive.
dc

EDIT: maybe this shoulda gone in "the chill out" :oops:
Last edited by dc-10 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dc-10

Reputation point: 3

Re: Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden

Unread postby dr210077 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm

That is a good question, is bin Laden a threat? Was he ever a threat? Is he alive, or dead? Is bin Laden a political football, or a serious threat?
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:51 pm

dc-10 wrote:maybe this shoulda gone in "the chill out" :oops:

Topic moved from "rational ... vs ..." to chill out.
Last edited by HalloweenWeed on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed typo involving quotation (technical)
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 pm

I would say that he is no more a threat than you or I.

I would echo DRs thoughts that he was used as a mechanism to push through stupid laws that would normally get buried. Full body scans any one? Could life be any more fun that having some wannabe cop staring at your cock, and how much shite is in your lower intestine just to get your ass on holiday.

If Bin Laden is alive, well played, my life is monitored from dusk till dawn daily. You kick back in a cave. He's free, whilst I live in the worlds biggest open prison. hu-raa
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Jnthn44 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 pm

the only thing i found kinda bullshitty about that bin Laden situation is that they were 'never able to find him'. with all the technology and secretive junk, i find that very very doubtful.
Jnthn44

Reputation point: 13

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Jnthn44 wrote:the only thing i found kinda bullshitty about that bin Laden situation is that they were 'never able to find him'. with all the technology and secretive junk, i find that very very doubtful.

Its my understanding that they did figure out where he was at one point during the initial attack on Afghanistan, but the decision to not fire the hell-fires and instead send in troops gave him time to escape.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

I still think that the more Osama is demonized by the west the more he will be revered in his home land.

One mans' terrorist is another mans' hero.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:I would say that he is no more a threat than you or I.

I would echo DRs thoughts that he was used as a mechanism to push through stupid laws that would normally get buried. Full body scans any one? Could life be any more fun that having some wannabe cop staring at your cock, and how much shite is in your lower intestine just to get your ass on holiday.

If Bin Laden is alive, well played, my life is monitored from dusk till dawn daily. You kick back in a cave. He's free, whilst I live in the worlds biggest open prison. hu-raa

Post 911 life sure has been good to security and rent-a-cop businesses hasnt it? More guns, more bombs, more riot gear, more power, more fun. If this wasn't an inside job, then i bet some people think it should've been.

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:I still think that the more Osama is demonized by the west the more he will be revered in his home land.

One mans' terrorist is another mans' hero.

Indeed and it will only make things worst in the long run. Saddam Hussein was reveared as a savior when the USA troops left Kuwait. Plus the Clinton Admin sent him loads of money to rebuild his army afterwards, so it was easy for Saddam to look like he had actually won.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:35 pm

The terrorists just wanted to make our everyday lives more of a pain. That was their tactical goal from the beginning. The fact that we responded with such pain-in-the-ass security measures (that aren't effective) means in itself that the terrorists have won. They have accomplished their goal - with the help of the politicians. If we really wanted to stop them, we should have just ignored them - even in the media. Nothing would bother them more than that. I'm not saying that the media should have censored the story, but they should have just run each story once, and then ignored it from then on.

I am ashamed that we have such petty, dumb, and popularity-seeking politicians that they did not respond as such (ignore it, or iterate that our lives are still quite safe by comparison to automotive traffic).
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:51 pm

HalloweenWeed makes an excellent point, that if the media and others ignored acts of terrorism they would fail. By their very nature they need publicity to fuel the fires.

Like an unruly toddler if you play into their tantrums they feed of it, ignore them and tantrum stops.

Trouble is there is a lot of money in news!
UnwantedSunbeam

Next

Return to Free-Thinkers Only