Minister Calls For Creationism In NI Museums

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Re: Minister Calls For Creationism In NI Museums

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:03 pm

dr210077 wrote:
Draft Letter wrote:Dear Madame/Sir,

After hearing about the recommendation that Northern Ireland museums should give any room to exhibits which preach factually devoid nonsense such as creationism, by certain elected members of the community, I felt compelled to write and express my deepest concern. One only needs to point out the quite succinct and devastating broadside, levelled at the Kansas State school board in the 90's, to see just how ridiculous and damaging this kind of idiocy is for any society, let alone one that is in recovery from just the kind of religiously fuelled evils our society (if your talking about ireland's society, just say ireland.) is beginning to emerge from. As such I would like to lend my own personal support for the dedication to truth and relaying truth, that museums in Northern Ireland are so accomplished at achieving. Furthermore, I also lend the support of an international community in the form of the Rational Skeptics Society, who upon hearing of the unwarranted and unjustified political pressure being applied to an educational organisation of such importance, immediately were vocal about the over-stepping of the mark of some of our politicians.

Yours sincerely

David Rodgers

That is the first draft of the letter to the NI museums board. Any improvements or alterations are welcome.

Society becomes repetitive in the middle. Recommend several instances be replaced. Suggested replacements in bold.

First replacement done because there it is already understood your talking about a society.
Last edited by DarthRavanger on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Re: Minister Calls For Creationism In NI Museums

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

DarthRavanger wrote:
dr210077 wrote:
Draft Letter wrote:Dear Madame/Sir,

After hearing about the recommendation that Northern Ireland museums should give any room to exhibits which preach factually devoid nonsense such as creationism, by certain elected members of the community, I felt compelled to write and express my deepest concern. One only needs to point out the quite succinct and devastating broadside, leveled at the Kansas State school board in the 90's, to see just how ridiculous and damaging this kind of idiocy is for any society, let alone one that is in recovery from just the kind of religiously fueled evils of which the people are beginning to regain a sense of balance from. As such I would like to lend, not only my own personal support for the dedication to relaying truth and education that museums in Northern Ireland are so accomplished at achieving, but to also lend the support of an international community known as the Rational Skeptics Society. Upon hearing of the overly unwarranted and unjustified political pressure being applied to an educational organization of such importance, this international community became immediately vocal about the abatement and lowering of the educational bar which some of our politicians have chosen to engage in.

Yours sincerely

David Rodgers

These are corrections/additions I find suitable.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Previous

Return to Free-Thinkers Only