There is no god or there probably is no god

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Re: There is no god or there probably is no god

Unread postby willow » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Im larglely curious if the existance of an idea gives the idea a degree of reality. If theres a word for it, it must exist. However by this arguement any kind of lunacy I can imagine exists, however only within the confines of my mind. But it does exist since it is stored and held in physical space. Im probably being really confusing and the best analogy I can think of is this
God is like a JPEG or .TXT file stored in the brains of hundreds of millions of people much like it is on the internet. It ocupies a tiny part of actual physical space within the brain, and it does exist in physical reality. Does this lend a degree of existance or reality to the notion? God exists God is real, but only within the minds of his believers.
dirty work... the right google key words...
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 932

Re: There is no god or there probably is no god

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:26 am

I recently read Satan Burger by Carlton Mellick. It has some unusual concepts of god.

"Most people called Sabbath day Hangover Day and instead of going to church they would spend their time drinking a lot of bloody marys stepping over newspapers in their underwear. Now, there are no more church-goers and there are no more environmentalists, so every weekend day is Hangover Day.
I don’t know why Christians used Sunday as the day of Sabbath and Jews used Saturday (though Saturday is the last day of the week and makes more sense). I think Christians made Sunday the Sabbath because God and the sun are - more or less - the same entity. "
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Previous

Return to Free-Thinkers Only