What is the definition of a "Zombie"?

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Re: What is the definition of a "Zombie"?

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Zo3R3tZo wrote:
H3RM3S wrote:According to Revelations, Jesus will come back and raise the dead.

So... then, Jesus is actually to a point, in the opinion of some sources, the LEADER of many zombies? At least, I made sense in my prior comment- I wasn't aware the book of Reveletations actually backed me up in this regard though. They warned believers they would be controled, turned to mindless monsters, and still they followed... that's rather ironic.

Zo3.

Ever play stubbs the zombie, rebel without a pulse? Jesus is an alpha zombie created due to the use of what the nazi in that game used as fertilizer.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 am

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse looks like a funny game.

"NIMF's David Walsh and US Senator Joe Lieberman also criticized the game as "cannibalistic" and harmful to children underage. Senator Lieberman stated "It's just the worst kind of message to kids"." -Wikipedia

Oh yeah! But there's nothing wrong with playing a terrorist in CSS? lulz
I guess some people are too dim to realize that nothing we do in video games should actually be practiced in real life. And that goes for pretty much every game i can think of.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 am

H3RM3S78 wrote:Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse looks like a funny game.

"NIMF's David Walsh and US Senator Joe Lieberman also criticized the game as "cannibalistic" and harmful to children underage. Senator Lieberman stated "It's just the worst kind of message to kids"." -Wikipedia

Oh yeah! But there's nothing wrong with playing a terrorist in CSS? lulz
I guess some people are too dim to realize that nothing we do in video games should actually be practiced in real life. And that goes for pretty much every game i can think of.

yeah, at one point you destroy a dam for example, but the water behind the dam was filled with your zombie piss. between things like that and what people scream when you eat their brains its hilarious.

Oh, and why the fuck do these politicians, who have probably never played more than pac-man, think they have any right to comment on video games? Its like a guy who only listens to the radio criticizing movies in general.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Joe Lieberman and David Walsh can have a threesome with a Boomer for all i care.
H3RM3S78

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:29 am

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 am

Sunbeam, that picture is pure gold. The caption makes the whole thing a laugh riot. :D

Zombies? You want to know about the definition of a Zombie? A zombie has several:

1. An individual whose mind is being controlled chemically found in "Voodoo" rituals. The individuals upper brain functions are deactivated and little is left of their personality. As I am given to understand, this is akin to death (though not body but more a mind death). The effects are permanent until they actually die. These "zombies" do not eat human flesh or any of the other cliches.

2. The corpse of a individual that has been made to "raise" back into a locomotive state. Generally, this is done via a variety of means, all of them sci-fi or mythical. Some use the idea of a virus animating the very recently dead, spreading like a virus does. Sometimes it is just a type of infection that provides the living with zombie-like attributes. Other times, it is a technological thing - a chemical that raises the dead or a nanite that animates the body. Still other times it is a form of magic - some god or monster or warlock or other uses a "spell" to raise the dead to their service or is a byproduct of some "power" they use.

Zombies come in many flavors, though the central two that have garnered much attention is the Flesh Eater and the Runner of late. Flesh eaters are considered the norm, though that is not the case. It has to do with providing them with energy and with giving them a reason to attack the living. Runners are just fast zombies, removing the slowness in lieu of a faster death machine. Strangely, this removes one of the hallmarks of the terror of a Zombie, the slow relentlessness of their approach. They will get you eventually, no matter how far you run.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:18 pm

i have two points to make regarding Azmo's zombies:

#1 Zombies have no working organs. They cannot take in nourishment. So when a zombie is seen "eating" flesh, they are not actually eating and swallowing; they are simply acting out their instincts to feed. This was one of the central points made in George A. Romero's "Day of the Dead".

#2 The running zombies (presumably from 28 Days Later), are not typically regarded as zombies amoung all zombie fan circles. Their flesh is not reanimated, they simply suffer a strong viral inffection related to the rage virus. Personally, i agree with you that they are zombies as well. I think they fulfill the criteria.
H3RM3S78

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:13 pm

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:44 pm

i thought zombies basically symbolized the common folk in their massive numbers and pathetically weak abilities but ultimate power over everything else due to strength in numbers.

vampires symbolized the mystery behind the wealth aristocracy with their individual power in comparison to most people, their unusually fair skin compared to the workers who stay outside all day, and their blood sucking tendencies of people.

Contemporary zombie and vampire movies don't use the same metaphors, but i think that's basically how they are rooted.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
Intercourseman72

Reputation point: 541

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:22 am

H3RM3S78 wrote:i have two points to make regarding Azmo's zombies:

#1 Zombies have no working organs. They cannot take in nourishment. So when a zombie is seen "eating" flesh, they are not actually eating and swallowing; they are simply acting out their instincts to feed. This was one of the central points made in George A. Romero's "Day of the Dead".

Your ignoring cultural differences. The zombie definition azmo gave is absolutely correct when in the proper cultural context.

DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Previous

Return to Free-Thinkers Only