I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Re: I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 am

So back on topic. Personally i think we are all fucked. Beligium will become New Mecca, and USA will become New Tenochtitlan in under a decade. We just may eventually be over-run by Hispanic/Aztec hybrids. That does not reasure me at all.

How can the USA possibly deal with this problem? Education? LMAO puta madre! Condoms? LMAO puta madre! Latinos are probably the worlds most faithful Catholics, so i doubt reaon will work either... puta madre!
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Man = Homo Sapiens
See my latest post at:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=170&start=100#p14700

That's some joke. Anyway, they aren't called "Homo Sapiens Latinus." Nor "Homo Sapiens Germanus." Nor "Homo Sapiens Mexicanus." Can you really scientifically prove they are Mexican dr? How does one scientifically prove that they are Mexican as opposed to Spanish, or Brazilian or Portuguese for that matter, without tracing birth records?

That said, I think MrT has a good point. Trouble is, with our laws the way they are, we are helpless to do anything about it. So it's just a Wwwhhhhiiiiiinnnnnne!!!!!!!!!

"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Well, we could always re-work the schools in areas with a heavy Latino population so that their inundated prior to the menarche and spermarche with horror stories about teen pregnancy. After this, you can teach 'em about safe sex, but the idea that teen pregnancy=bad would hopefully be fully implanted.

edit: success not guaranteed with the above.

Either that, or you could find some way of curbing fertility rates by introducing chemicals into the water supply, but that definitely raises ethical and legal problems of its own.

so if Tom said that without pointing that out, someone would've been like "WELL WHAT ARE YA, RACIST TOWARDS LATINOS?"
not anyone here obviously b/c we're not that dumb but still...

Americans are too obsessed with color. It also doesn't help that the average citizen does not bother to do some investigation of their own, which has lead to people being offended by the word "niggardly," for example.
Last edited by DarthRavanger on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:11 am

HalloweenWeed wrote:Can you really scientifically prove they are Mexican dr?

Race is not the same as ethnicity. We can tell race through anatomical differences, technically there are only three races, Asian, Caucasian and Black. Each of the three have slight anatomical differences the most striking of which is skin colour, but the differences run down to things like musculoskeletal things. For example black people tend to have a long soleus muscle with a high set gastrocnemius muscle, in caucasians the tendancy is for the soleus to be shorter and gastrocnemius to be be lower set.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 pm

HalloweenWeed wrote:Anyway, they aren't called "Homo Sapiens Latinus." Nor "Homo Sapiens Germanus." Nor "Homo Sapiens Mexicanus."

I agree with HW, we are all the same species of human taxonomically in exactly the same way that a great dane is the same species of canis familiaris as a chihuahua. The various races of human are a direct correlation with the various breeds of dog, they can inter-breed, (the hallmark of two living beings of the same species), but have slight anatomical differences. I am not trying to impart value to any race of human, rather just point out that they exist.
Last edited by dr210077 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby shawna » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:36 am

1) because of the information brought to light by the media, they have an extremely high birth rate (higher than any other groups of people in the US). This will lead to a faster rate of overpopulation, which will cause socioeconomic problems that resonate throughout the country. It's also bad for the environment to have this dense amount of people living on a finite amount of land. I'm not saying any certain ethnic group should be in control, I'm saying we need to cut off any of the factors that lead to super accelerated population growth. Especially a group of people that statistically breeds uncontrollably/breed based off of religious dogma.

Alright, I agree that overpopulation is a huge problem, no matter which race, society, or country is fueling it. But I do feel that once Hispanic Americans, through a few generations, begin to assimilate into our culture a little more, they will follow the same birth-rate trends as the rest of America does. In general, Americans are having fewer children. I think many of the Hispanic Americans who are having more kids than the rest of the population are still very connected with the culture from their roots, and this will fade. But I gotta tell you, if it's overpopulation you're worried about, you need to focus on Africa.

2) The fact that they are devoted Catholics. More Catholic than most other followers (if that is even a coherent sentence). Let me be clear, it's the catholic majority that bothers me because they can influence the legislature to oppose the separation of Church and state which is fundamental in preventing the creation of a state-sponsored religion.

It is true that most Hispanics are Catholic. However, just as with other segments of the population, they are becoming more secular. My husband is Hispanic-American. His parents moved here from Mexico when he was young. He is an atheist. His sister is pretty much agnostic. His brother is not religious either. His parents raised them in a very Catholic environment, but our culture influenced them as well. And now his parents, while still Catholic, aren't as religious as they once were. This shows how much our culture influences those who immigrate here. As for them influencing the legislature, I think Hispanics are probably one of the least politically active segments of the population, so I don't think this is a legitimate concern. Perhaps the younger Hispanics are more active, but they are also less religious (as is the majority of younger people in the U.S.)

I think your worries of overpopulation are legitimate, but I think your concerns are misplaced. You need to redirect them to across the ocean, where the growth rate of developing nations is out of control (but this is part of a cycle, and the birth and death rates will eventually even out). I just read about this in my Sociology class. When a country industrializes, the birth rate declines. And in fact, I just looked it up, and here's something you might find interesting:

"The world's overall fertility rate is 2.8%...At 2.0, the fertility rate of the U.S. is considerably less."

"The region of the world that has the highest fertility rate is Middle Africa, where the average woman gives birth to 6.4 children."

(From Essentials of Sociology by James M. Henslin)
In Niger, the fertility rate is 8.0!!! So if this is truly your concern, you should shift your attention to Africa. However, it might help to know that this is the same cycle that every other nation has gone through as they were developing. As they industrialize the birth rate declines and comes closer to the death rate. In some developed nations, such as France, the population is actually declining because the birth rate has dropped below the death rate. I don't think that this is really an issue that can be solved, for the most part, unless you have the money and power to take over a whole continent and speed up the cycle! The higher birth rate of Hispanic-Americans will almost definitely begin to level with the average birth rate as Hispanic Americans continue to assimilate into the larger culture.
"No simplicity of mind, no obscurity of station, can escape the universal duty of questioning all that we believe." -W. K. Clifford
shawna

Reputation point: 100

Unread postby shawna » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 am

"Personally i find Latinos to be somewhat simple-minded. I am definately racist when it comes to them. They make any other race seem more sophisticated, intelligent, and civilized. What else can you expect form a country that listens to salsa 24/7."

Please tell me you're joking. Really? All Latinos make all members of every other race seem more intelligent and civilized? Please tell me how on earth you came to this conclusion. I would love a more elaborate answer. That is one of the most narrow-minded, frustrating things I have ever heard. Are you college educated?

Oh, and really? You're saying that all Latinos are from one country, and that country listens to Salsa music 24/7? Please visit this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

And scroll down to the chart that shows all of the Latino countries. As far as Mexicans, or Mexican-Americans, go, I know quite a few and not one of them listens to Salsa music. My parents-in-law are from Mexico and I've never heard them listening to Salsa music. And if they did, I don't see how the hell that would make them somehow less intelligent. Don't know what type of music you listen to, but I'm betting it's not something "intelligent" like classical music. Have you heard the rap/country/pop music that is so popular all over the world these days? Is that really more intelligent than Salsa?
"No simplicity of mind, no obscurity of station, can escape the universal duty of questioning all that we believe." -W. K. Clifford
shawna

Unread postby shawna » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:58 am

Okay, as I was trying to post that response above, it kept timing out and telling me there was some kind of error, so I kept retrying, as you can see. How do I delete the extras?
shawna

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:12 pm

shawna wrote:
H3RM3S78 wrote:Personally i find Latinos to be somewhat simple-minded. I am definately racist when it comes to them. They make any other race seem more sophisticated, intelligent, and civilized. What else can you expect form a country that listens to salsa 24/7.

Please tell me you're joking. Really? All Latinos make all members of every other race seem more intelligent and civilized? Please tell me how on earth you came to this conclusion. I would love a more elaborate answer. That is one of the most narrow-minded, frustrating things I have ever heard. Are you college educated?

Oh, and really? You're saying that all Latinos are from one country, and that country listens to Salsa music 24/7?

Part of me is disgusted by what i wrote. However i meant every word too (except the salsa 24/7 bit... that was a lampoon). The fact that i call them simple-minded is somewhat inclusive to the notion that they are hopelessly Catholic. I've met incredibly intelligent, able latinos. Some of them were my closest friends. One of them is a musical genius. And most of them were gay. Any culture so homophobic for instance, is mentally retarded in my books. Of course this applies to every other ethnic group as well i think, to various degrees. So maybe i could've chosen better words (i choose better words when i'm not quiting smoking). I'm sure the finest people speak spanish, but i didn't have the best people in mind back then either when i wrote that.

Now as far as what i wrote, i would never say that to a latino for many obvious reasons. It is the childish conclusion i made-up in my mind from what i've seen, heard, and read... basically felt. These kinds of feelings are not reserved for Latinos (or even Mexicans, i realise there are many countries south of USA). I feel a similar way about pretty much any culture i come to get closely aquainted with (including my own). A person is not a culture. And any culture is obviously ludicrous if taken as a stereotype (as i did in this thread). I am what some would consider a pessimist. I'm sorry if what i wrote offended you. I'm surprised such a response didn't come sooner to be honest.

Welcome back Shauna!
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:07 pm

shawna wrote:you need to focus on Africa.
More importantly: India & China!
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

PreviousNext

Return to Free-Thinkers Only