I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

Re: I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 am

Yeah everybody's messing shit up one way or another, but this thread was intended to focus on the Mexican birth-rate in USA if i'm not mistaken. China's birth rate isnt a problem anymore since the government only allows one child per couple. I'm not sure about India, but they are definately not a problem here birth-rate wise. And as far as African-Americans go, their birth rates are not a problem either.

There is however one thing the Mexican thing has to do with the African thing: the Pope's position on contraception. And more latinos have to get involved in safe-sex promotion campaigns. Otherwise Spanish really will become an official language in the not so distant future.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby shawna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:04 am

"Yeah everybody's messing shit up one way or another, but this thread was intended to focus on the Mexican birth-rate in USA if i'm not mistaken. China's birth rate isnt a problem anymore since the government only allows one child per couple. I'm not sure about India, but they are definately not a problem here birth-rate wise. And as far as African-Americans go, their birth rates are not a problem either.

There is however one thing the Mexican thing has to do with the African thing: the Pope's position on contraception. And more latinos have to get involved in safe-sex promotion campaigns. Otherwise Spanish really will become an official language in the not so distant future."

Yes, but I really think that the birth rate in the United States, no matter which group we're talking about, is not even a fraction of the problem that can be found in Africa. You are right about India and China - they might have a lot of people, but their birth rates aren't a problem.

I'm glad for your response earlier, that you can be so honest about your prejudices and your pessimism. But I still would like to strangle you for what you said! And really, we don't even have an official language now, you think if we ever did have one, it would be Spanish? And who cares if Spanish is the official language? I mean, by then, the majority would speak it fluently, so what would it matter? I just honestly don't see what the big deal is about Hispanic people becoming the majority (which they won't by the way, due to a mixed-race majority). Would you rather the white race remain the majority in the U.S.? Yeah, that seems to be working real well!

I read something in one of my schoolbooks about how race is just a man-made concept, and that our DNA is all so similar that you cannot tell the difference between the different races we've constructed. While that doesn't really matter now, because racism is such a huge part of our lives and will be for a long time to come, it's interesting to know that race is not even a reliable concept.
"No simplicity of mind, no obscurity of station, can escape the universal duty of questioning all that we believe." -W. K. Clifford
shawna

Reputation point: 100

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:07 am

USA's official language should be binary code.
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
H3RM3S78

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am

H3RM3S78 wrote:USA's official language should be binary code.

"Must shop! Must trample poor innocent bystanders on black friday! 50% off! Braaaaains.... need non-american brains..... t.v. Survivor....Manswers....1000 ways to die....." -the american zombie
Last edited by DarthRavanger on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:49 am

DarthRavanger wrote:

"Must shop! Must trample poor innocent bystanders on black friday! 50% off! Braaaaains.... need non-american brains..... t.v. Survivor....Manswers....1000 ways to die....." -the american zombie

I thought you were talking about GTA Vice City
H3RM3S78

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 am

H3RM3S78 wrote:
DarthRavanger wrote:

I thought you were talking about GTA Vice City

well, can't help it if americans are little more than shopaholic breast fetishists with an aversion to public showing of nipples and a love of t.v.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby Darkom95 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 pm

I wish I'd gotten here sooner, but for now I'll settle on responding to recent statements and a blanket argument. First off, my position is that it's really not an important problem that they are hispanic. The birth rate is a problem, that's obvious, but it's not really important that the main proponents of this problem are the latino population. It's more of a side note, something we can use to target that group for safe sex and contraceptives, rather than a problem in and of itself.

First off:
Yes, but I really think that the birth rate in the United States, no matter which group we're talking about, is not even a fraction of the problem that can be found in Africa. You are right about India and China - they might have a lot of people, but their birth rates aren't a problem.

Yeah, their birth rates are a problem. Moreso in India than in China, as the One Child policy worked out okay. To clarify, the Chinese government led a humane campaign that promoted safe sex and tax penalties for multiple children, they didn't kill any babies. However, in India they did do some bad things in the past fifty years or so, but they've been stopped, going to more humanitarian methods. However, India's population is still climbing at an alarming rate, and they will beat China for most populated country in no time at all.

I'm glad for your response earlier, that you can be so honest about your prejudices and your pessimism. But I still would like to strangle you for what you said! And really, we don't even have an official language now, you think if we ever did have one, it would be Spanish? And who cares if Spanish is the official language? I mean, by then, the majority would speak it fluently, so what would it matter? I just honestly don't see what the big deal is about Hispanic people becoming the majority (which they won't by the way, due to a mixed-race majority). Would you rather the white race remain the majority in the U.S.? Yeah, that seems to be working real well!

Yeah, as a whole it doesn't really matter if the majority is Spanish, or Catholic, for that matter. Agnostic isn't becoming a majority anytime soon, so I don't really care what religion it ends up being. Not to mention if there's any race I hate it's white people (this coming from a very white guy, living in Georgia), so just that it's Mexicans really doesn't bother me.

I read something in one of my schoolbooks about how race is just a man-made concept, and that our DNA is all so similar that you cannot tell the difference between the different races we've constructed. While that doesn't really matter now, because racism is such a huge part of our lives and will be for a long time to come, it's interesting to know that race is not even a reliable concept.

Yeah, that’s kind of obvious, but perception plays just as big a role in our society as truth, if not a bigger one. But when discussing humanity, culture is far more important than DNA, because even if we’re all the same, we still don’t get along. It’s all cultural, and people’s fear of losing their own culture, and their fear of the unknowns of other peoples’ cultures. A shame, but it’s how we work, so we’re going to have to deal with it.

Now, as to the whole increasing population of the world, I agree that’s a problem. And if we can identify which cultural groups are the worst culprits then all that accomplishes is getting one step closer to a solution, not giving us someone to blame. You can point the finger at them all you want, but that’s not going to change anything. Complaining about losing our culture isn’t half as big a problem as losing our planet, because right now it’s all we’ve got.
Darkom95

Reputation point: 5

Unread postby Grimstad » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:32 am

First off....We are ALL racist. It's just a matter of degrees. I have my own racist perceptions but hopefully I do a good job of keeping them to myself. Anybody who says they are not racist is lying, even if it's to themself.
I love latinas. While not bad, that is still racist. Constance Marie really makes my wand twinkle.
Some of the best comedians are terribly racist. Carlos Mencia, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, but god forbid a white guy tries to do any of their material. Racism flows in every direction. I am personally sick of hearing the word nigger when I have spent my life trying to delete the word from my thoughts. I never say it, even in white company and I think much less of people who do, no matter what color they are, but it still exists in my thoughts. Why is it only whites are not allowed to use that word? Doesn't that sound kind of racist? I have no desire to use it but it kind of irks me that I'm not allowed to. Asians, hispanics, Samoans, etc. It seems to be acceptable for them to say things like "My niggah" but if a white guy says that the room goes quiet. And one last thing before I get back on topic. For those that believe slavery is a thing that is only related to blacks I give you this....
slave (n.)
c.1290, "person who is the property of another," from O.Fr. esclave, from M.L. Sclavus "slave" (cf. It. schiavo, Fr. esclave, Sp. esclavo), originally "Slav" (see Slav), so called because of the many Slavs sold into slavery by conquering peoples.
"This sense development arose in the consequence of the wars waged by Otto the Great and his successors against the Slavs, a great number of whom they took captive and sold into slavery." [Klein]

For the record I do have one black friend and I don't call anyone friend that I am not willing to help move, loan my car, let sleep on my couch or trust with the keys to my house. And I am a proud Obama supporter. I'm just a little racist.

Back on topic....
I think you'll find that the more generations removed from the old country the fewer children there are. And as mentioned earlier it's as much a catholic thing as a cultural thing. I don't have a problem with all the mexicans (or any other peoples for that matter) but I am really annoyed by the bilingual signs at Home Depot. I don't know why there is such a problem making english the national language. I don't care where you are from as long as you learn english when you get here. I don't care if my taxes pay for your classes but damn it, we need to be speaking the same language if we are going to get along.If I have a lot of dry walling to do or yard work, after I've offered the work to my friends I'm quite willing to fill my labor force with the guys hanging out at Home depot, but only if they speak english. If I moved to Japan I sure as hell wouldn't expect the people there to learn english. Though I probably wouldn't have much problem. English is the language of international commerce. Why the hell can't it be the national language of America? People that don't speak the local language are never going to pull themselves out of poverty which brings me to this quote that I pulled from the CNN article on latina birth rates....
"Teen pregnancy is not an isolated issue," Flores said. "It's related to poverty, to dropout rates. That's going to have an impact on our national as a whole."
just my thoughts on the subject.
Of all my senses, I value my sense of humor the most

agnostic: Subcategory Apetheist.
Grimstad

Reputation point: 12

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Grimstad wrote:Why is it only whites are not allowed to use that word? Doesn't that sound kind of racist? I have no desire to use it but it kind of irks me that I'm not allowed to. Asians, hispanics, Samoans, etc. It seems to be acceptable for them to say things like "My niggah" but if a white guy says that the room goes quiet.

Absolutely true. While chancing derailing this thread, I have no desire to create a new one for it, nor dredging up an old one; and it is not totally off-subject, so I will say it here:

And why is it that the blacks can have the NAACP, but when the whites create a racist organization such as the NAACP it is labeled nazi, or evil. Again, this is racist against white ppls. I submit that the racism trend has swung fully the other direction, against whites now. And if we say anything about it, we are labeled "white supremists"! Unfair.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby shawna » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Grimstad wrote:First off....We are ALL racist. It's just a matter of degrees.

Could not agree with you more. It is human nature to be racist, and it is what has helped us survive thus far. However, allowing yourself to have these ignorant, negative stereotypes about a whole population of people is ridiculous. When it's obvious, even to you, that the stereotype you have of a group of people is incorrect, it's time to examine your beliefs. If you say that all Hispanic people are not as intelligent as other races, you have to know that's not true, and not something you should believe in the first place. On the other hand, if you say that many Hispanic females are attractive (which I believe, by the way), that's completely different. That's a much less damaging stereotype to have. It's dangerous for anyone in this world to hold such negative, ignorant stereotypes of large groups of people, as it can lead to supposedly justifiable horrendous events.
"No simplicity of mind, no obscurity of station, can escape the universal duty of questioning all that we believe." -W. K. Clifford
shawna

Reputation point: 100

PreviousNext

Return to Free-Thinkers Only