I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

An area for free-thinkers to discuss and exchange ideas.

I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

Unread postby MistahTom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 pm

So I don't care for racism, but when I see a potential problem on the horizon, I like to call out on it. Forgive me if you don't agree but this is a serious problem affecting the US, but please look at this as a legitimate problem. If you wanna write me off as a racist then go ahead, but we're all rational skeptics here so I figure I can turn to you guys to get your insight to this issue.

I'm talking about the issue of the United States' massive influx of hispanics into this country through high birthrate (not immigration). There are two reasons why I even bring this up.

1) because of the information brought to light by the media, they have an extremely high birth rate (higher than any other groups of people in the US). This will lead to a faster rate of overpopulation, which will cause socioeconomic problems that resonate throughout the country. It's also bad for the environment to have this dense amount of people living on a finite amount of land. I'm not saying any certain ethnic group should be in control, I'm saying we need to cut off any of the factors that lead to super accelerated population growth. Especially a group of people that statistically breeds uncontrollably/breed based off of religious dogma.

2) The fact that they are devoted Catholics. More Catholic than most other followers (if that is even a coherent sentence). Let me be clear, it's the catholic majority that bothers me because they can influence the legislature to oppose the separation of Church and state which is fundamental in preventing the creation of a state-sponsored religion. Here are links that show the evidence:

high latina birth rate
Latinos drive US teen birthrate

Most hispanics are Catholic. It's a fact.

Look, I'm providing sources that aren't linked to white supremacy, racial superiority, or some sort of racially motivated agenda. They are main steam media sources. I am providing facts. I understand it might be difficult to understand what is going on outside of the united states, but I liken it to the spread of Islam throughout Europe.

I'm not promoting the superiority of any particular race in the united states. If anything, I am advocating for inhibition of the promotion of religious groups within the country. I would like your honest opinion on the matter (especially if you live in the US.)

If you have a contrary opinion, please establish why you have a contrary opinion instead of calling me a racist because I liken an unsubstantiated claim of racism to an ad hominem.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: I've finally had it, it's time to discuss this problem

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:31 pm

If you hate blacks, thats racist. If you hate Germans thats racist. If you hate Chinese thats racist. If you hate Mexicans... well i think that one would make anybody racist (including the rest of Latin America).

The problem isn't just Mexicans but they are the main concern i believe. Its a fact that Latinos are the only race that keeps reproducing like the original colonizers even in our present day and age. Personally i find Latinos to be somewhat simple-minded. I am definately racist when it comes to them. They make any other race seem more sophisticated, intelligent, and civilized. What else can you expect form a country that listens to salsa 24/7.

USA is not alone in this problem. Montreal is hit pretty bad too. You could get by fairly easily even if you only speak spanish (or a few other languages to be fair, including Italian, Greek and maybe Arabic (or course English and French are a given). I realize L.A. must be even worst. Latinos bring down the standard of living (a fully Latino state could even bring down minimum wage to a few dimes imo).

Of course being Latino doesnt make you stupid, a slut, or a liar, but it doesnt help. One of the greatest musical minds i know is half Spanish half Columbian. And Spanish isn't a retarded language (although its even easier than English so...).

So yeah you don't have to be white supremacist at all to have this sort of opinion. We are not talking about white europeen domination, we are talking about Latinos spreading like cockroaches. Its not mean, its just a fact... and a significant problem. I don't want Montreal to end up like Mexico City.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:18 pm

MistahTom, that you feel the need to defend your post against claims of "racism" shows just how perverse the average American definition of "race" is. You speak of "Latin Americans" and assume people will see your criticism of the religion that people from those countries, (notice, they are not a race, just a populous who have come under the influence of the conquistadors) hold as "racism", this is one of the great logical fallacies of the twentieth century. Jew is not a race of human, muslim is not a race of human, christian is not a race of human.

Religious Identity, National Identity or any other kind of group or individual identity, is NOT THE SAME AS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:23 pm

dr210077 wrote:Religious Identity, National Identity or any other kind of group or individual identity, is NOT THE SAME AS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not so sure about that Dr. I'm sure you do have a point, but i don't agree with you. Words boil down to their popular definitions sooner or later.
H3RM3S78

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 pm

H3RM3S78 wrote:I'm not so sure about that Dr. I'm sure you do have a point, but i don't agree with you. Words boil down to their popular definitions sooner or later.

Semantics are semantics, but race is a scientifically definable term not subject to semantics. People would do well to remember this fact.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I am with the Dr on this, why is it that because MistahTom points out an potential problem he is immediately trying to defend it, in fact he defended it before making the point.

I have to agree, the problem in most developing countries is the same. Have 15 kids per family and lots of them die, why not just have 2 or 3 and look after them properly!

Anyway from a simply scientific and mathematical point of view MistahTom is correct; surely? Since the human element of compassion and ethnicity is added is somewhat dulls the debate. If this were a study of mice or rats would the same stance be valid?
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Jnthn44 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:34 pm

the reason Tom needs to say that is b/c in America, right now, EVERYTHING is a fuckin race issue.

you have to deny someone a job: RACIST!
you have to deny someone care of some sort: RACIST!

everything. boils. down. to. race.
b/c people are making it that way b/c it GETS THEM WHAT THEY WANT

the end

so if Tom said that without pointing that out, someone would've been like "WELL WHAT ARE YA, RACIST TOWARDS LATINOS?"
not anyone here obviously b/c we're not that dumb but still...
Last edited by Jnthn44 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jnthn44

Reputation point: 13

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

dr210077 wrote:
H3RM3S78 wrote:I'm not so sure about that Dr. I'm sure you do have a point, but i don't agree with you. Words boil down to their popular definitions sooner or later.

Semantics are semantics, but race is a scientifically definable term not subject to semantics. People would do well to remember this fact.

Fair enough... from a scientific point of view.
Wikipedia wrote:The term race or racial group usually refers to the categorization of humans into populations or groups on the basis of various sets of heritable characteristics.[1] The physical features commonly seen as indicating race are salient visual traits such as skin color, cranial or facial features and hair texture.[1][2]

Conceptions of race, as well as specific ways of grouping races, vary by culture and over time, and are often controversial for scientific as well as social and political reasons. The controversy ultimately revolves around whether or not the socially constructed and perpetuated beliefs regarding race are biologically warranted; and the degree to which differences in ability and achievement are a product of inherited "racial" (i.e., genetic) traits.[3][4]

The term race is often used in taxonomy as a synonym for subspecies, in this sense human races are said not to exist, as taxonomically all humans are classified as the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens.[5] Many scientists have pointed out that traditional definitions of race are imprecise, arbitrary, have many exceptions, have many gradations, and that the numbers of races delineated vary according to the culture making the racial distinctions. Thus, those rejecting the notion of race typically do so on the grounds that such definitions and the categorizations which follow from them are contradicted by the results of genetic research.[6]

taken from Race according to wiki
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H3RM3S78

Unread postby dr210077 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

Wikipedia wrote:The term race or racial group usually refers to the categorization of humans into populations or groups on the basis of various sets of heritable characteristics.[1] The physical features commonly seen as indicating race are salient visual traits such as skin color, cranial or facial features and hair texture.[1][2]

Conceptions of race, as well as specific ways of grouping races, vary by culture and over time, and are often controversial for scientific as well as social and political reasons. The controversy ultimately revolves around whether or not the socially constructed and perpetuated beliefs regarding race are biologically warranted; and the degree to which differences in ability and achievement are a product of inherited "racial" (i.e., genetic) traits.[3][4]

The term race is often used in taxonomy as a synonym for subspecies, in this sense human races are said not to exist, as taxonomically all humans are classified as the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens.[5] Many scientists have pointed out that traditional definitions of race are imprecise, arbitrary, have many exceptions, have many gradations, and that the numbers of races delineated vary according to the culture making the racial distinctions. Thus, those rejecting the notion of race typically do so on the grounds that such definitions and the categorizations which follow from them are contradicted by the results of genetic research.[6]

Please note the lack of mention of religion as a defining factor when determining race in wiki's description. It does, however, mention genetic traits.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 am

dr210077 wrote:Please note the lack of mention of religion as a defining factor when determining race in wiki's description. It does, however, mention genetic traits.

Good thing this thread is about Mexicans, and not about Catholics. I can definately tell a Mexican from a German just by looking at them.

EDIT: i know its ironic since most Latinos are Catholic.
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
H3RM3S78

Next

Return to Free-Thinkers Only