Photography!

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Re: Photography!

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Thoughts on how this guy got this?
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

It is a photoshop job. The plane was stationary and the artist has cut it out angled it and pasted it on top of what looks like another photograph. If you look closely just above the nacelle and below the wing you can see that the landing gear is not retracted, something which at the altitude shown, it would have been. Also the angle of attack of the wing and hence the rest of the aircraft, would if real, cause a stall. Another giveaway is that the elevators are in the horizontal position, which makes it impossible for the aircraft's nose to pitch up. The only way for the elevator and attitude of the aircraft to resemble what is in the picture is if the elevators were in motion at the time the picture were taken, something which is easier said than done! Also the lens used to take the picture of the aircraft and that used to take the background picture are different, hence the fisheye effect in the background which is absent in the aircraft. Lastly the camera would have been floating in midair to capture the shot if it were real.

My guess is that someone took an aft looking photo of the aircraft while de-boarding and then made a composite using the background image.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:14 pm

DR ruins the mystery in under 1 hour.

So only Harry Potter could have taken the shot :D. I agree on the photoshop element. For much less technical reasons. The photo is tack sharp in the whole focal length. As there are lights on the buildings the exposure time to get that depth of field would be seconds long. Aeroplanes are not know for their lack of speed during take off so no way would the background be sharp.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:20 pm

A friend on mine has started a photo challenge. It is supposed to be completed in 30 days. I do not have that kind of fee time. I have shared the list of topics below, it is just for fun and I am sure it will take me more that 30 days to do. Just don't use old shots for the topics:
01. Cold
02. Breakfast
03. Close up
04. Underneath
05. Work
06. Tree
07. Looking in
08. Time
09. Water
10. Shadow
11. Peace
12. Sunset
13. Favourite colour
14. Texture
15. Smiles
16. Doorway
17. Lonely
18. Clouds
19. Reflection
20. Feet
21. Circle
22. Silhouette
23. Self portrait
24. Something I made
25. Triangle
26. In motion
27. Something funny
28. From a high angle
29. From a low angle
30. Written words
UnwantedSunbeam

Previous

Return to The Chill Out