What's up everyone?

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

What's up everyone?

Unread postby A_theist » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey everyone - what's up? Let's keep this conversation casual. This IS the Chill Out, after all.

So how about giving up a post and letting me know how you've been and what you've been up to? I'm totally curious. You don't have to make it too personal.

Here's what's been up with me in a nutshell:

1) I'm still dating that Korean girl who popped on here one time.
2) I'm still teaching English in Korea --- kindergarten right now. The kids I teach are seriously 3 and 4 years old. hahaha
3) I started a website. It's not cool, so don't worry - I'm not kidding myself. In fact, I haven't even really announced it to anyone sooo - congrats on being the first. www.chrispalasz.com
4) I'm not much of a Christian these days. I would say that my Youtube channel pretty much represents Christianity in my life. I don't have a church here in Korea, and I haven't made any new videos for Youtube in a LOOOOOONG time, you can see. So I guess I've lost my zeal. Although I still accept the title "Christian"... I consider myself a bit lost with respect to how I want to live that out. And by "a bit" I mean very much.

That's all. Cheerio!

~Chris
On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrispalasz
Blog: http://www.teslinkorea.blogspot.com

~ "Beware the sound of one hand clapping"
~ "Evolution must be the best-known yet worst-understood of all scientific theories."
A_theist

Reputation point: 17

Re: What's up everyone?

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am

Long time no see Chris. Good to see things are pretty much working out for you.

As for myself:
1. Finished first semester of college at George Washington University. Managed to pass every course, and while I did poorly in the math classes, I can get this ball going to the GPA I want.
2. Got my wisdom teeth pulled. I lost so much blood from the extraction sites after the surgery I couldn't see most of the veins in my hands, (Their normally pretty damn visible) and felt wobbly afterward. I was told I could expect a pink tinge to my saliva. I contend that there wasn't any saliva, just Blood, and lots of it. I lost a hell of a lot less blood when I got hit with a golf club in 1st grade. (that one was a head injury)
3. Cat didn't scale the christmas tree this year.
4. And my connectivity to my home wifi network is worse than ever before. Haven't bothered trying to get on steam with this thing because the router drops my connection every 5-10 minutes.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:01 pm

First post of 2011? I guess so.

1) Finished first semester of my 3rd college at UT at Dallas. I regret going to college more and more each passing semester by get deeper and deeper into the degree program and more and more obligated to stay.
2)Had my wisdom teeth pulled as well. I don't think there were any complications though, certainly not as unfortunate as in DR's case. The pain wasn't really bad either. It did, however, bug the shit out of me and made me irritable and edgy. I sort of became a sadist and knew exactly what the character Darth Sion from Kotor2 was all about when I wasn't on oxycodone. The oxycodone was great. At least I now know Rush Limbaugh had good taste in drugs to get hooked on.
3)Had a bed bugs fiasco while recovering from my wisdom teeth and then went up north to Pittsburgh to play in the snow after I was mostly recovered. My dad dislocated his middle finger while sledding but popped it right back in place 2 seconds after seeing it was going in the same direction as his thumbs.
4)Still into atheism/anti-statism, but my focus now is probably more on fitness myths like crap about high weight/low reps = muscle tone, upper/lower ab isolation exercises, aerobics being prescribed as cardio training, and other things relating to that. It may not be a grandiose contemplation of political economy or metaphysics, but it's always fun to bust the balls of conventional wisdom.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
Intercourseman72

Reputation point: 541

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:28 am

Hi Chris,
This forum has been relatively dead for almost a year now. Especially after h3rm3s quit and also after willow changed jobs/locale several months ago and he is not on much either. So it is GREAT to hear from you again.

Personally (and professionally) I have been struggling to just keep the house since the econ tanked. Not hardly any work for me. I custom-built a new and very fast computer a year ago and have been playing a lot of single-player games on it. I just bought an Archos 7 Internet tablet for my wife to read books and listen to music on, bluetooth makes for wireless headphones connection! She wants to drown out other ppls painful remarks and convos across cubicles distracting her. She loves it. Smartphone (Samsung Mesmerize) would have been better, but the data plan is too expensive and can't be used for the computer.

Also bought a Tivo a few months ago, wonderful TV tool. Other than that, just holding my own.

It is also good to hear what you were up to, ICM and Darth.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Return to The Chill Out