jokes/logic problems/logical rants

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

jokes/logic problems/logical rants

Unread postby MistahTom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 pm

A tree falls down in the woods and no one is around to hear it. Does it make a sound?
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
ADDED: The glass is half...
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: jokes/logic problems/logical rants

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:16 pm

It makes a noise.

Pick a point in time for the species were talking about to be labeled a chicken, and that's which one it was.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Noise

Egg
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby MistahTom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Noise (c'mon, really? Why wouldn't it make a noise. What's stopping it from making a noise?)

Tough. Depending on if it was a point mutation that caused an almost chicken to become a chicken, thus laying "chicken" eggs.
Or if there was a point mutation in an almost chicken egg that hatched into a chicken. Most likely it was the egg that gave birth to a chicken as the probably that a point mutation in the chicken's gametes is more likely (probably caused by cosmic radiation)....thus producing chicken eggs.

Glass is half full if liquid was being added and half empty is liquid is being removed.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 pm

I still think if a deaf guy farts in an empty room.....would be a better question.

Too late for a witty retort to the chicken and egg. Not really one that can be sorted in 1 word replies.

You should see if you can find the 2DTV clip where George W meets the Pope. Classic comedy. YouTube have dropped it off.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Komadori » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 am

I always said the egg came first, because you have it for breakfast, and you're having chicken for dinner. ;D

But really, the egg did come first, since proto-chickens most likely were egg-hatching animals. o.o

Tree does make noise. But if a man speaks in the woods, and his wife isn't around to hear him, is he still wrong? ;)
The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science.
-Albert Einstein
Komadori

Reputation point: 2

Unread postby tetropods » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:28 am

1) Noise
2) Fishy?
3) full and empty, imagine that.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 500

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 am

Glass is half full if liquid was being added and half empty is liquid is being removed.

This is exactly the way I've seen it for so long. Someone asks me this and I say, "Well, what was the last thing that happened to the glass of liquid to get it to half?"

That response determines the answer. Even the setting may determine the answer.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby MistahTom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:48 am

TheBlueFalconX wrote:

This is exactly the way I've seen it for so long. Someone asks me this and I say, "Well, what was the last thing that happened to the glass of liquid to get it to half?"

That response determines the answer. Even the setting may determine the answer.

So my answer would have to be half empty. Here is why: I have to assume that the glass was full. And that someone (myself) drank half of the glass. Therefore, liquid was removed, therefore glass is half empty.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby roid » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 am

the glass is twice as big as it needs to be
roid

Reputation point: 0

Next

Return to The Chill Out