2014 Olympics

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

2014 Olympics

Unread postby willow » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:46 am

Sooo, Canada is sitting at 4 medals, 2 won by a pair of sisters :D woot for them. Anyone have any thoughts about the Russian anti-gay laws? Is it just provocation on the part of western states to try and direct public opinion during the event and politicize the issue away from athletics?
dirty work... the right google key words...
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 932

Re: 2014 Olympics

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 pm

It seemed like a massive stunt, it had all the PR class of a c list movie star whoring for headlines.

I am conflicted with the choices we let governments force on us, freedom is a very flexible term these days. It is like the quote from the Devils Advocate "Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, but don't swallow". So back to my thought, it seems unfair that in Russia to be gay is so stigmatized. Every one should have the right to choose; but then here in the UK you can be gay but bigamy - not a fucking chance - outlaw that shit.

So freedom, somewhat shades of grey I fear. Also I hijacked the Olympics thread, sorry about that. I suck at sports.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Return to The Chill Out