Favourite Beer

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Re: Favourite Beer

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Favorite beer?

Never had one, actually. None - no Canadian or American or British or Irish or anything beer. No beer at all. I have had small amounts of whiskey and I find that I like small amount of brandy on a semi-regular basis. But no beer. I have smelled it and tasted a small amount once - sucks ass juice as far as I can tell. Couple that with the area that I grew up in and the allure of beer to me is equal to the allure of having my ball-sack crushed in a vice.

Each their own and all that.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

I never liked beer much. Nor whiskey nor mixed drinks. Just not much of an alchy. Wine is OK, especially a sweet wine like some traditional reds. I used to love pink champagne, specifically Andre, but it gives me the runs now if I drink a whole bottle - didn't used to. So I resorted to beer for my alcohol, on those rare occasions.

I like a thin beer, ale ("Little Kings") or lager. You know, the cheap US ones like Bud, Coors, Pabst BR, Michelob, etc. And I can taste the aluminum cans, I like my beer draft or in bottles - NO CANS! But my favorite for economy and taste is Moosehead, it is produced in Saint John, NB, Canada. I go to a specific grocery store to get it (in 12-packs), I don't usually shop there. Some convenience stores nearby carry 6-packs of Moosehead. If I can't readily find Moosehead, I get Budweiser.

I have tried thick (bitter) beers like Foster's, I think it is like drinking somebody's chewing tobacco spit, and makes me gag. I'd wager I'd think the same of Guiness - but like he said we don't have "real" Guiness here.
Last edited by HalloweenWeed on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 am

I have just found another level of respect for our Canadian brethren, 3 words:

Canadian Breakfast Stout

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Beaten by the Czechs', the rest of you need to pull your socks up!
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm

What could be more masculine than drinking beer from a hand made wooden tanker?

Instructions below:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/06/how-to-beer-mug.html
UnwantedSunbeam

Previous

Return to The Chill Out