Favourite Beer

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Re: Favourite Beer

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Those detergent beads sound like Buckey balls. I had an idea of using those to make catalytic converter.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby cowzrppl2 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 am

Labbat Blue. Don't even argue that American beer is better, I'm sixteen and know your stuff is hella-weak.
cowzrppl2

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:55 am

Buckey balls are awesome. I want some. And yeah buckey balls have several applications in trapping metal atoms and such for improved strength stats.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby tetropods » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 pm

despite me being "underage" i've tried several drinks, beer tastes nasty for some reason, but vodka and OJ is great. :D i've only had it once tho and i can't drive so.... yeh
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 500

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:57 pm

tetropods wrote:despite me being "underage" i've tried several drinks, beer tastes nasty for some reason, but vodka and OJ is great. :D i've only had it once tho and i can't drive so.... yeh

I first tasted beer (Budweiser) at the age of 13, and hated it. Now, I love the stuff. I think this is because when you are younger your palate tends to favour sweet things, but as you get older, you start enjoying other flavours more. I think this is why sweets, (candy), is mostly consumed by younger peeps. In saying that though, I am a complete chocaholic, in fact I have two slices of chocolate cheese cake and a whole tarte au chocolat in the fridge right now awaiting consumption :!:
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby Komadori » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:05 am

dr210077 wrote:
tetropods wrote:despite me being "underage" i've tried several drinks, beer tastes nasty for some reason, but vodka and OJ is great. :D i've only had it once tho and i can't drive so.... yeh

I first tasted beer (Budweiser) at the age of 13, and hated it. Now, I love the stuff. I think this is because when you are younger your palate tends to favour sweet things, but as you get older, you start enjoying other flavours more. I think this is why sweets, (candy), is mostly consumed by younger peeps. In saying that though, I am a complete chocaholic, in fact I have two slices of chocolate cheese cake and a whole tarte au chocolat in the fridge right now awaiting consumption :!:

I must still be young then. WHOOPIE! Because I still don't like beer, save for nursing a German sort and only then during Oktoberfest. ^^; I prefer sodas... Or wine with a meal. (This is why it was so laughable that my stepdad hid a bottle of wine from me. It was annoying, at the time, but it makes me giggle now.)
The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science.
-Albert Einstein
Komadori

Reputation point: 2

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:07 am

Currently drinking a Coors.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 pm

My favourite at the minute has to be Golden Glory Ale. Like drinking summer.

Also blue ribbon, only becasue Clint looks so cool with it in Gran Torino. But can't seem to find it here locally.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:59 pm

How to survive your first Guinness

Most visitors to Ireland can’t wait to try a real pint of Guinness.

They are right. It’s the only country where you can get a real pint. The foreign stuff is the piss they scrape off the top. They have to get rid of it somewhere.

However, your first pint is potentially the most lethal trap you will have to encounter. 99% of tourists give themselves away on this one. So here is how to do it….

Enter the pub. Look nonchalant. Don’t look as if you are about to have a life changing experience. Walk casually to the bar and wait. Don’t call the barman. Don’t rap a coin on the counter. He’ll come to you.

If he speaks with a foreign accent, get the f*ck out of there. He won’t know how to pull a pint.

He’ll ask you what you want. Just say “pint, please”. If he asks “a pint of what?” then scowl at him and snarl “Guinness, of course”. Most barmen won’t ask anyway, as Guinness is the ‘pint’ by default.

He will then take a pint glass and fill it about two thirds to three quarters full and place it on the counter.

First Trap: LEAVE THE DRINK THERE. DON’T TOUCH IT! The barman will probably walk away. Don’t mind that. Just stare into the distance. Go have a pee or a quick fag. But you must wait.

After a minute or two, he will come back and top it up to a full pint. Again DO NOTHING. Just wait. He will tinker around with it for a moment, and will eventually bring it over to you.

If he has engraved a shamrock in the head of the pint, then I suggest you sit down and write out your Last Will and Testament. You are as good as dead. The barman has spotted that you are a tourist and has flagged you. The locals look for this and will be quietly loading ammunition into their guns.

Second Trap [assuming you are still alive]: DON’T TOUCH THE PINT. It will still be settling. You have to wait until there is a crisp demarcation line between the black and the white. The longer you wait, the better. At this stage, it is perfectly acceptable to stare at the pint.

Third trap: The locals will be watching you to see how you approach the pint. If you try and slurp the white head off [or even worse, blow it off] you have signed your death certificate. The chances are that you will be hung off the wall and the locals will use you as a dartboard for the rest of the night.

Another fatal error is to sip the pint. Sipping is for nancies and their glasses of wine. This is Guinness, for f*ck’s sake. You grasp the glass firmly in your fist and gulp back at least a quarter, if not a third of the contents. Act like this is the first drink you’ve had since coming out of the desert [which it is].

At this stage, the locals will begin to relax. You are quite entitled to burp at this stage [actually, it's unavoidable], but don’t do it too loudly.

If you are a wimp, and don’t like the taste, DON’T SHOW IT. Keep calm. Nip up and order a whiskey. That is acceptable. It’s called a Chaser. But you must finish the pint before knocking back the whiskey. [Which would you rather? Drinking a Guinness, or being shot?].

The chances are, you will like it. You can relax now. You can now savour it a mouthful at a time.

To really convince the locals that you are not a tourist, wait until you have about two inches left in the glass. Then catch the barman’s eye and raise one finger. This is the signal to start processing the next pint. This should arrive just as you finish the first.

Of course this now means that you have to continue ordering pints. Don’t worry about it. You have survived, and that is something to celebrate [if you need an excuse, that is?].

Post taken From : Headrambles
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby iasc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Very good survival guide :)

One more thing though: the morning after if some weird shit starts going down don't be alarmed
iasc

Reputation point: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Chill Out