Video Games, what is your poison?

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Re: Video Games, what is your poison?

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 am

Rocksmith is a video game that is going to teach you guitar. Not a fake, plastic toy with color-coded buttons or even some hybrid game controller. Guitar. Six strings and a fretboard. There’s no avoiding it. If you play the game you’ll be strumming out notes alongside songs you know and pick up a skill in the process. That is the core idea driving Ubisoft’s unique new music game: plug any actual guitar with an electric output jack into your Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC using a provided quarter-inch-to-USB cable and simply “learn as you play.”

Full Article from Rolling Stone
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 am

I think this will be fantastic. I have wanted to learn to play guitar for a while now, and I have been just to lazy and short of time, but this could be a real boost. I will remember you all fondly when I am a world famous superstar guitarist. ;)
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:44 am

Best comic/short I have read in a long time:
http://www.lifeintheanalogage.com/?p=738
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 pm

MS have recently bought Skype. I am assuming this will be used to allow voice callling on the kinect. Since it was in the preview program but never seemed to make it to production.
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:24 am

Rumour has it the new Xbox will be disc drive less. No physical media? Not sure about that, DRM will be a 'mare. Like ebooks, I used to give away my books once I was done. Sometimes I do with games too, if it bores me or I do not like it. Single distribution chanels could be fun, I guess steam have done it for a long time on PC. However given that MS charge about 25% more for xbox live than amazon it could spell the end of competitive pricing.
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I know it's late, but I saw the best April fools for a long time:

UnwantedSunbeam

Previous

Return to The Chill Out