Outrageous News Articles

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Re: Outrageous News Articles

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm

That's good news. Finally we get a government willing to kick the church in the balls in order to protect the citizenry and enforce its laws.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Very true, and Seppe has gone quite recently. Could it be related?
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Curative Rape, heard this phrase today for the first time and it sounded rather disgusting.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

LOL :lol: Catholic priests, they don't like it when they are treated like common folk, LOL :lol:
I personally tend to think they have created a whole culture of sexual molestation over the centuries, and nearly all of them do it, you can't be one unless you do.

Curative rape, yeah, like that will work. It's like trying to cure cowardice by beating the shit out of someone. It's absolutely just an excuse to rape a woman. And how many of them that really aren't lezzy get raped with this same excuse? It's just anarchy. They've lost control. And it's ten times harder to gain control of a populace when you have lost it, than to retain control of an already controlled populace. What's next? "Racial cleansing?" More control will slip away.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:03 pm

I was looking at photo journal of the last decade in pictures, this picture stood out. After a few minutes I had to close it. The story is:

A woman takes her dead son into her arms, as she grieves for her six-year-old son, Dhiya Thamer, who was killed when their family car came under fire by unknown gunmen in Baqouba, capital of Iraq's Diyala province, 60 kilometers (35 miles) northeast of Baghdad, Iraq, Sept. 16, 2007. The boy's ten-year old brother, Qusay, was injured in the attack as the family returned from enrolling the children in school, where Dhiya was to begin his first year. (Adem Hadei, AP)

http://o.aolcdn.com/os/pixcetera/Decade/01-images-decade-122409ss.jpg (Pic is to big to preview)

Full link to all pics here
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby Jnthn44 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:12 am

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:I was looking at photo journal of the last decade in pictures, this picture stood out. After a few minutes I had to close it. The story is:

A woman takes her dead son into her arms, as she grieves for her six-year-old son, Dhiya Thamer, who was killed when their family car came under fire by unknown gunmen in Baqouba, capital of Iraq's Diyala province, 60 kilometers (35 miles) northeast of Baghdad, Iraq, Sept. 16, 2007. The boy's ten-year old brother, Qusay, was injured in the attack as the family returned from enrolling the children in school, where Dhiya was to begin his first year. (Adem Hadei, AP)

http://o.aolcdn.com/os/pixcetera/Decade/01-images-decade-122409ss.jpg (Pic is to big to preview)

Full link to all pics here

wow...

i have no words

that was possibly the saddest thing i've ever seen. also the most infuriating.

then i saw the puppy at the bottom and it calmed down :P
Jnthn44

Reputation point: 13

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 am

I must admit that the fish stuck in the wire fence gave me a little chuckle.
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:42 am

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:I must admit that the fish stuck in the wire fence gave me a little chuckle.

The reason why it's mouth was wide open was because it was screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!" Right before it died.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Common sense takes a kicking:

A child-sex offender who believes giving a DNA sample would condemn him to eternal damnation wants an exemption from inclusion on a national police database.

David Hugh Chord, 37, appeared before Judge Peter Butler in Wellington District Court on Friday for a hearing to decide whether he will have to provide a DNA sample for a national database.

Chord is a Christian and believed that, if his DNA was taken, he would be given the "mark of the Beast" and damned for eternity, his lawyer, Michael Bott, said.

Chord is serving two years and nine months in prison after pleading guilty to six counts of an indecent act on a young person, and one of an indecent act on a child last year.

Mr Bott argued Chord's religious belief should exempt him from having to provide a sample for the database. "Based upon his interpretation of the Book of Revelation, that means he's effectively damned and cut off from fellowship with his God."

The law allowed people to be exempted from inclusion in the database if they would suffer serious harm when the sample was taken and, according to Chord's faith, he would suffer, Mr Bott argued.

Chord believed giving a DNA sample would cut him off from his God, and also the Christian community, which would impinge on his rehabilitation.

"Feeling damned after you have had a lifetime of faith is in fact serious harm ... My client will feel ostracised, he will suffer a loss of belonging, a loss of control, a loss of self-esteem, and will no longer have a meaningful existence."

Chord's DNA was not required to solve a specific crime, but rather to "bolster a database", Mr Bott said.

But Crown lawyer Kate Salmond said the issue was not whether there should be a database.

An objection to taking a sample had to be based on harm caused by the actual taking of the sample, and Chord had to show he would suffer "psychological harm resulting from fear for his mortal soul". Any exemption of Chord would be "unintended" by the law.

Judge Butler asked Mr Bott whether Chord's belief that anything that could identify him would inflict the mark of the Beast on him stretched to photos and fingerprints, which would have been taken when he was arrested.

Mr Bott said it did not, but was restricted to DNA, which was the clearest identifier of individuality. "It's accepted that DNA is the building block, the key, that shapes human identity."

Judge Butler went on to comment that any God that would damn someone for eternity because a DNA sample was taken against their will was a "pretty tough God or deity or supreme being".

Mr Bott agreed, but said that was Chord's belief.

Judge Butler reserved his decision.
UnwantedSunbeam

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 am

Outrageous, on the lighter side.

Texas beer joint sues church...

In a small Texas town, ( Mt. Vernon ) Drummond’s bar began construction on a new building to increase their business.. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up till the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means.

The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork. At the hearing he commented, “I don't know how I’m going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not.”

From CLARKE COUNTY DEMOCRAT
UnwantedSunbeam

PreviousNext

Return to The Chill Out