Outrageous News Articles

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Outrageous News Articles

Unread postby MistahTom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Help a 9 year old rape victim secure an abortion? That's an excommunication.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: Outrageous News Articles

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 am

MistahTom wrote:Help a 9 year old rape victim secure an abortion? That's an excommunication.

Another case of orginizations that should no longer exist trying to impose their will.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby stargirl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

i was brought up catholic and that article just examplifies (is that a word?) everything that i found incongruous about the churches teachings from the age of about 11.

how can they say that you should treat your neighbour as yourself, help people, forgive and not judge when they do things like this. christians are the biggest bunch of hypocrites. i hope this poor mother will not be shunned by her own community.
There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made.
Richard Feynman.
stargirl

Reputation point: 3

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Since god is capable of anything, they can change their minds on what's right and wrong.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Showed this article to my mom (she was forced to go to church as a kid and hasn't gone in 35 years) and she said "Typical catholics. Always punishing the woman."

Now, this article doesn't punish the girl but it does use psychology. What is the punishment here? Excommunication? Not exactly.

So instead of punishing one person, the church is going to make an example out of these heros to send a message to future rape victims.

Personally, I wouldn't call excommunication a punishment...but that is because I'm an Atheist.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby dr210077 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 pm

MistahTom wrote:Personally, I wouldn't call excommunication a punishment...but that is because I'm an Atheist.

Totally agree with you, this amounts to psychological torture on a par with any war criminal. In fact I think it is worse simply because they have had hundreds of years to perfect their strategy and method, while war criminals tend to concentrate only on the physical.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 pm

dr210077 wrote:Totally agree with you, this amounts to psychological torture on a par with any war criminal. In fact I think it is worse simply because they have had hundreds of years to perfect their strategy and method, while war criminals tend to concentrate only on the physical.

Epic observation.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby LAL » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Far, far better to let the girl die when her uterus ruptured.......the twins would have died anyway. And her pedophiliac stepfather gets what? Absolution?
"A denial of evolution–however motivated–is a denial of evidence, a retreat from reason to ignorance." —Dr. Tim D. White, paleontologist

http://360.yahoo.com/librarylu
LAL

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Maybe he'll get a complimentary key chain?
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:24 pm

LAL wrote:And her pedophiliac stepfather gets what? Absolution?

<sarcasm>He was just doing what any good Catholic father should be doing: punishing his child for being a sinner.</sarcasm>

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Next

Return to The Chill Out