Biffy Clyro [Rock]

A place to discuss all things musical
Forum rules
Please name your threads after the artist and roughly mention their genre in the title. All music is welcome of course. And remember that taste is taste.

Biffy Clyro [Rock]

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm loving this band at the moment.

"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Re: Biffy Clyro [Rock]

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 pm

"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dr210077 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Biffy Clyro recently played a festival in Belfast called Belsonic, these are some of the videos I managed to get of the event :)

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Tuts and shakes head that Dr has joined the ranks of the mobile phone toting concert goer. :D

My new game is pause anyone of those videos and see if you can count less than a dozen phones or cameras.

Anyway 'Mon The Biffy
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:02 pm

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:Tuts and shakes head that Dr has joined the ranks of the mobile phone toting concert goer. :D

My new game is pause anyone of those videos and see if you can count less than a dozen phones or cameras.

Anyway 'Mon The Biffy

'Tis true, I have fallen prey to the dark side, and begun pulling out my phone to steal precious footage of other people's talent, I have also been capturing concert footage :P I'm actually seriously thinking about investing £500-£600 in a sparkly new hd vid cam, any suggestions on a good model to get in that price range?

*Disclaimer* by "thinking" I mean begging the missus until she finally sighs and says yes just to shut me up, you know how it is ;)

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I love the Red camera, it is pricey but good. It is modular so you can build it from a camcorder to a full fledged studio camera. Vimeo has some stunning red footage.

I have been using using a Toshiba Camileo for a couple of years now. The shoot 1280i in good to medium light. But at less than £100 the quality per pound it good. Also pocket sized.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Return to The Boom Room