Elvis Presley (Rock n' Roll)

A place to discuss all things musical
Forum rules
Please name your threads after the artist and roughly mention their genre in the title. All music is welcome of course. And remember that taste is taste.

Elvis Presley (Rock n' Roll)

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Some say he ripped off the African-American artists by taking credit for inventing Rock n' Roll (mix of blues and country... over-shadowed bluegrass to death), but i think he did them a favor by showing it to stupid white folks of his generation. His legs were cut off-frame for TV at first because Christians thought his dancing invoked Satan. He's the King of Rock and Roll!
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Re: Elvis Presley (Rock n' Roll)

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 pm

H3RM3S either we were separated at birth or you have a link into my music collection. Polk Salad Annie is a favorite from Elvis, and no could blame him of ripping off black music. Moby, now I could see how that could be the case.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby LilithLorelai » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:18 am

Ah, Elvis...the freak of his time. Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis...just as good...but/
Elvis had IT. Sorry, but he did. For those that insist that he was a 'poser'
EAT THIS....
(never mind the manufactured "screams" post production is to blame...) That is Elvis on the gutiar...

And...

Not a genius on gutiar..he was only a rhythm man in the first place...damned awesome.
...And everyone was suprised?

RSS On Youtube
LilithLorelai
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby LilithLorelai » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:28 am

Watcht the '68 Special...pref the uncut "sit down" gigs...Have to get the DVD for that, i think...or Youtube...

Anyway...I wanted to add..

Last edited by dr210077 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And everyone was suprised?

RSS On Youtube
LilithLorelai
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 1

Return to The Boom Room