Your guilty pleasures

A place to discuss all things musical
Forum rules
Please name your threads after the artist and roughly mention their genre in the title. All music is welcome of course. And remember that taste is taste.

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby tetropods » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 am

Seppe wins, I couldn't bring myself to press play for fear of it being stuck in my head for weeks :cry:
Last edited by tetropods on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reputation point: 500

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 pm

tetropods wrote:Seppe wins, I couldn't bring myself to press play for fear of it being stuck in my head for weeks :cry:

Come on Tetro lets go party!
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby Coordman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 pm

GAH!

Yes, Seppe wins... or does he? It looks like a win, but feels like epic fail at the same time.

My brain hurts. I think I'm going to go lay down.
Coordman

Reputation point: 203

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Its hard for me to imagine that you guys missed the #1 guilty pleasure opportunity:

I think he should be hung by the nuts for those lyrics, but the song isnt really that bad. I think most people hate it as a fashion statement. This song isn't any worst than 80% of the garbage people have been listenning to since Y2K. Of course the same cannot be said about the video (which is definately horrible).
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 pm

The Alan Parsons Project - most of it (be careful, if you play the whole thing you just might like it too)
A Dream Within a Dream - The Alan Parsons Project

This was actually just the intro to "The Raven" ("Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Edgar Allen Poe"), I cant post it without the other:
The Raven - The Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project - Lucifer (HQ Original!)

The achillies heel of The Alan Parsons Project is all his songs are in 4/4 timing, and most have the same beat throughout most of the songs.
The "guilty part" about liking The Alan Parsons Project is some of the songs get a little weird at times.

The Bee Gees
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1203

Gary Numan - Cars

(Be kind, the song was made before MTV and music videos)

Early (Sonny and) Cher, such as "Half-Breed" and "Gypsy's Tramps & Thieves"
Cher-Half Breed, Gypsy's Tramps & Thieves and Dark Lady

Love And Desire - Arpeggio

"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Your guilty pleasures - Blondie

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Blondie - Heart Of Glass
"Embedding disabled by request"

This one's much cooler though:

Blondie - Rapture
Sorry, "Embedding disabled by request"
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Since she could be my Grandma, and I still would. I am with HW on Cher. Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves is an excellent track. Wait Debbie Harry as well, Atomic is a fantastic sex track.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby guitarheroguy12 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:45 pm

im a metal head, and i live in alabama, so death metal bands such as whitechapel, the black dhalia murder, behemoth arent accepted as it is, but thats what i let people know i listen to.

my guilty pleasures, kate nash, lily allen, colbie calliat, marina and the diamonds, selena gomez and the scene.
"you keep your facts, I want the truth!" - Stephan colbert.
guitarheroguy12

Reputation point: 2

Previous

Return to The Boom Room