Your guilty pleasures

A place to discuss all things musical
Forum rules
Please name your threads after the artist and roughly mention their genre in the title. All music is welcome of course. And remember that taste is taste.

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Real chocolate does have nutritional value. Its good for the heart.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am
Reputation point: 760

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 am

i like some ramones songs also. not a lot, but enough to be semi-ashamed of liking something so close to bubble gum pop. Of course, ramones make much more come out than some shitty pop music. their style is badass. and they hated each other for about 20 years when they were together. so it's fun to think of how they made their shit.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
User avatar
Intercourseman72
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:57 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Reputation point: 541

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby Coordman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Having read the Metallica thread, I'm sure I'm going to recieve a beatdown for this, but I own everything they ever released... Except cunning stunts. Went and saw them with my gf November '08 in Denver on election night. Amazing show. They're playing like they're kids all over again. I have a vid of it I'll post later. :D
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Coordman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Reputation point: 203

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby dr210077 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Coordman wrote:Having read the Metallica thread, I'm sure I'm going to recieve a beatdown for this, but I own everything they ever released... Except cunning stunts. Went and saw them with my gf November '08 in Denver on election night. Amazing show. They're playing like they're kids all over again. I have a vid of it I'll post later. :D

Metallica had some awesome toons. I think their biggest problem is that they helped make the music they love, mainstream. Imagine if Nirvana became huge, and spawned a new musical genre without anything other than talent. That is what Metallica managed... :palm:
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
User avatar
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
Reputation point: 2145

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby Coordman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Here is that vid I promised:



The two people you hear in the background are me and my girlfriend dorking out. :lol:
Last edited by Coordman on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Coordman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Reputation point: 203

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Metallica will always be the band that took down Napster. For that they will always have my contempt. It's not merely about selling out. That's as far as i'll go here. If you love Metallica i can't blame you. They've made some really great music. The first CD i ever bought was their self-titled black album. I was 12 years old.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am
Reputation point: 760

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:50 pm

dr210077 wrote:Metallica had some awesome toons. I think their biggest problem is that they helped make the music they love, mainstream. Imagine if Nirvana became huge, and spawned a new musical genre without anything other than talent. That is what Metallica managed... :palm:

Actually, Nirvana kinda did with Smells like Teen Spirit. Its as good an anthem to the early 90's as i can think of. Everybody knows that song.
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 am
Reputation point: 760

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby Coordman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:47 pm

H3RM3S78 wrote:
dr210077 wrote:Metallica had some awesome toons. I think their biggest problem is that they helped make the music they love, mainstream. Imagine if Nirvana became huge, and spawned a new musical genre without anything other than talent. That is what Metallica managed... :palm:

Actually, Nirvana kinda did with Smells like Teen Spirit. Its as good an anthem to the early 90's as i can think of. Everybody knows that song.


I was absolutely floored a while back when I heard a Nirvana song in a commercial for a video game. Thought we could power Manhattan if we could just connect a turbine to Cobain spinning in his grave.
User avatar
Coordman
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Reputation point: 203

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby tetropods » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Im going to have to say my guiltiest pleasure in music would have to be Lady Gaga, i have no idea why i like her its just that..... well i dont know why lmao
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights. :)
User avatar
tetropods
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Reputation point: 500

Re: Your guilty pleasures

Unread postby Seppe Cools » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 am



i win :mrgreen:
Last edited by Seppe Cools on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
By creating unique stuff you are changing the future of the world forever, making your life worth lived.
User avatar
Seppe Cools
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 pm
Reputation point: 813

PreviousNext

Return to The Boom Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
[Valid Atom 1.0]