Guns 'n Roses (Gay L.A. Metal)

A place to discuss all things musical
Forum rules
Please name your threads after the artist and roughly mention their genre in the title. All music is welcome of course. And remember that taste is taste.

Guns 'n Roses (Gay L.A. Metal)

Unread postby Intercourseman72 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:37 pm

I don't really give a shit about the band, but this video is kick ass. Skip to around :35

And yes, axl is totally washed up.
Last edited by Intercourseman72 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
read the words of a wise intercourseman
Intercourseman72

Reputation point: 541

Re: Guns 'n Roses (Gay L.A. Metal)

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:54 pm

I used to sing this as a teenager with my best friend while walking around the neighborhood. Good times. It was a lot easier to sing when i was 14.

I still love this song. And the video is a commercial for T2. How cool is that? That was the thing in the 90's.

Guns n' Roses caused a riot in Montreal, during their tour with Metallica, after James Hetfeild burnt his hand due to a pyro accident. The crowd waited maybe an hour or two after that and GNR finally showed up. I don't remember if they played anything at all but they told the audience to get their money back. Man that is not something you tell thousands of Montrealers packed in a stadium.

I don't really care much for most of their work. Some of their songs are really good though. But they dont stand up in time as well as you'd have thought back then. Slash is always in style though. Especially if he brings the top-hat.
Last edited by H3RM3S78 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby Coordman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:57 pm

GnR was great right up until they started getting really popular. That's when Axl decided that he was an 'artist', and began trying to churn out highbrow introspective crap. Sorry dude, I'm not going to take philosophical cues from a guy with his head wrapped in a bandana just because he suddenly realized that he really like to play the piano.

But they were really amazing in the early years. You want to know who the real genius was in GnR? Listen to Velvet Revolver, then listen to to Chinese Democracy. No question, GnR would have been nothing without Slash.
Coordman

Reputation point: 203

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Don't forget Izzy Stradlin was the main songwritter. The band started to die when he left. Slash was more of a frontman with his solos, and a top hat. Along with Duff you had a pretty good team right there.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:13 am

Guns N' Roses bottled off stage in Dublin

Axl must still think it is 1991 and he rules the world. Pissing off your fans is not a sound economic move, I would guess the next tour may not sell so well.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Return to The Boom Room