global warming

Discussions on scientific and technological advances, both old and new.

Re: Global warming

Unread postby dr210077 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby dr210077 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 pm

For anyone interested the following is a graphic of the amount above or belove average as measured by instruments around the world between the 26th of December 2009 and the 1st of January 2010.

"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dr210077 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Does anyone else have any proper science to add to this thread, and not pseudo-science?

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:17 am

UnwantedSunbeam wrote:One would have to be very arrogant to assume that humans have not had an effect on the Earth.

As a species we destroy massive belts of trees, to build upon. We dig massive craters all over the crust to quarry out rocks to build with, and for fuel to burn.

Is the effect of all of this climate change? No one so far can say for sure, but it's a possibility that cannot be ruled out either.

Another complaint is rising sea levels, I would love to see how much that would dip if we took all the boats out of our seas, and stopped reclaiming parts of the sea as extra land.

At one point the balance was so perfect on this planet that new life was created, maybe we are on the down side of the bell curve where life will be destroyed?

It seems as if they ignored your post, sunbeam, maybe because it was not based on scientific links? I dunno, but I think you made a good point too.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 am

The sounds of one hand, clapping ;-)
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby aricpole » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Global warming is the major issue in the world now-a-days. Everyone are doing best things to try to stop global warming. The government is doing many things to help stop global warming. The government made a law called The Clean Air Act so there is less air pollution. Global warming is making people get very bad illnesses that could make them physically disabled, very sick, and sometimes even die.
aricpole

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi Aricpole, nice to see you posting so soon.

he question that was debated was that of the science of Global Warming. Is it simply a series of data that is used by goverment to apply higher charges.

Or is it simply something that happens as part of Earths normal activity, that is being misinterprited.

Or indeed is the problem that the human virus(matrix analogy) is simply consuming more than it gives back?
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:58 pm

I just found this video which does a good job of putting into perspective the rationality of climate change denial.

dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

global warming

Unread postby purnima » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

I've been raised in an eco-friendly family in a not so eco-friendly community and it bothers me. I'm sick of seeing 16 year old girls driving their new range-rovers and boys driving audi a4's and then, they join "save the earth" or "students against global warming" which are clubs in my school. Don't they realize how hypocritical they are?
purnima

Reputation point: 0

Re: global warming

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 pm

No, most people don't. Tell them about it.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

PreviousNext

Return to Science and Technology