The Tautology of Calories In/Calories Out explained

Discussions on scientific and technological advances, both old and new.

Re: The Tautology of Calories In/Calories Out explained

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Azmo, you lie. Everyone knows that on Friday and Saturdays and after the 3rd beer. All food has negative calories. FACT! :D

I do agree that we make excuses about food, I have used the " It's only....." too many times. Intetestingly I find it funny that fat is now for the poor, and the wealthy are slim. I am not sure about that side of the pond but private gym fees here are very expensive. Food is cheap, you could probably buy 200 big macs for the price of one months fees at a gym.
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Re: The Tautology of Calories In/Calories Out explained

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Same thing here. Oh, there are older, wealthy individuals that are overweight, but there does appear to be a trend toward those with more money being slimmer. Mostly because they can afford to hire someone to force them not to eat like pigs. It is not a full on hard and fast rule, but it growing to be.

In the States, I am not sure. Many of the wealthy you see in the Media are old and fat. Mainly politicians from both sides of the aisle as well as religious figures.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Previous

Return to Science and Technology