Are you getting the shots? (flu, H1N1, swine flu, Grippe A)

Discussions on scientific and technological advances, both old and new.

Re: Are you getting the shots? (flu, H1N1, swine flu, Grippe A)

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:53 pm

OK I hear the H1N1 shots are finally just now widely available locally, but it already made it's run through the local schools Thanksgiving week (and the previous week), many local schools were closed a few days due to heavy absence rate. Today my wife had a 103F (39.4C) fever this morn, preceded by strong chills and shivering. My guess is she has it. Since the inoculation takes a couple of weeks to work, it's too late for me; I will get it too. She staying home from work (of course) today.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm

HalloweenWeed wrote:
UnwantedSunbeam wrote:

Hey UnwantedSunbeam, I just seen Family guy at a motel last Monday, I see "Quagmire" is your avatar. I didn't know earlier - we don't have cable available here (not that I would pay for it anyway).

Quagmire is a god, lines like

"I felt guilty once, but then she woke up half way through"
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:07 pm

In all honesty i think i got that H1N1 before the whole pandemic scare. I caught a flu while working at that bar, which landed me on my ass in howling pain and misery for 2-3 days. If that's the case, then Zoe got it also, and that bug barely made a dent in her daily routine (Zoe > H1N1).
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby Zo3R3tZo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 pm

H3RM3S78 wrote:In all honesty i think i got that H1N1 before the whole pandemic scare. I caught a flu while working at that bar, which landed me on my ass in howling pain and misery for 2-3 days. If that's the case, then Zoe got it also, and that bug barely made a dent in her daily routine (Zoe > H1N1).

Rofl. I guess I am a hell of deamon afterall. No bug stands in my way, when my mind has set a wall against it...
Les possibilites de la réalité sont infinies. Seules nos pensées nous empêchent de voir une autre perspective...
Zo3R3tZo

Reputation point: 205

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:16 pm

False alarm. Turns out my wife has non-flu related infection. Sigh of relief.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 pm

please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 am

I just got H1N1 and seasonal flu shots last Monday (finally). :)
HalloweenWeed

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:58 pm

HalloweenWeed wrote:I just got H1N1 and seasonal flu shots last Monday (finally). :)

I don't see where the happiness comes from for getting the H1N1 shot. Could you explain?
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby Azmodan Kijur » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Haven't gotten either shot. Forgot / didn't make time / etc. Might get one, might not. Generally, I know it is a good idea but I also have always just suffered the disease and rode them out, so I am in no real rush.
Azmodan Kijur
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 2055

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 am

TheBlueFalconX wrote:
HalloweenWeed wrote:I just got H1N1 and seasonal flu shots last Monday (finally). :)

I don't see where the happiness comes from for getting the H1N1 shot. Could you explain?

That's not happiness as much as it is contentment. I have the peace of mind that I will not get H1N1 (or at least a very negligible possibility of). Damn that was a hot young Indian (asian Indian) woman who gave me that shot, prob 5' 0" and only about 100lb - very petite.
HalloweenWeed

PreviousNext

Return to Science and Technology