God Has A Plan: The 2nd Biggest Cop-Out

"Does exactly what it says on the tin."

Re: God Has A Plan: The 2nd Biggest Cop-Out

Unread postby dr210077 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Penthaligon wrote:If god gave us free will, then that means he gave away his omnipotence and thus no longer is god.

I agree but would go one step further, if a deity exists it is necessarily the most evil force humans have ever experienced. Why do I say this......because if any deity exists, it made me in such a way that it is impossible for me to believe in it!
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby MistahTom » Fri May 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Penthaligon wrote:If god gave us free will, then that means he gave away his omnipotence and thus no longer is god.

I have xtians tell me the free-will crap all the time and still claim that god is omnipotent. This is a PARADOX.

OMNIPOTENCE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

This is not possible. Even an omnipotent being couldn't do this.

An omnipotent being must also be non-omnipotent which basically = :/0:
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 pm

God's very existence is a fail.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Previous

Return to RSS Youtube Video Discussions