A Free-Thinker's Thoughts About Abortion and The Pro-choice

"Does exactly what it says on the tin."

A Free-Thinker's Thoughts About Abortion and The Pro-choice

Unread postby MistahTom » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:57 am

For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: A Free-Thinker's Thoughts About Abortion and The Pro-choice

Unread postby MistahTom » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Agree? Disagree?

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am

Yeah. I pretty much agree. I mean...there are certain situations which you could put me in which I don't know what I'd say, but in the end it's a choice.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Unread postby MistahTom » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 am

Whether or not you'd have the abortion or not doesn't matter. The argument really is should women be prevented from choosing.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby Inferno » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Of course women shouldn't be prevented from schoosing that. If they are forced to accept the kid, then they will probably end up making life miserable (unconcsiously) for the kid, adding to the ammount of sorrow in the world. Let the mom abort and get a kid when SHE wants. SHE has the child-birth pain, SHE has to do most of the caring and if she doesn't have a husband paying for the kid, she has to work at the same time.

So women's choice FTW! Though I would say they should first talk to a doctor AND to a psyc. Get all the consult and stuff.
Inferno

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby MistahTom » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 pm

anti-abortion nuts: potential of those that have no rights and aren't alive > slavery and potential of all women
Everyone else: potential of those that have no rights and aren't alive < slavery and potential of all women

anyone disagree with this observation?

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:05 am

You mashed good points weak points together into one messed-up entity. Every good point seemed to be followed by a weak one before i could truely assimilate it. You left the points to themselves without much explaination most of the time.

I am pro-choice, but also pro-responsability. If a woman gets an abortion because she neglected to use contraceptives, then i think she should be aborted along with her kid (there's the morning-after pill for that). If its for health reasones or because she was raped or somehow tricked into getting pregnant, then abortion is definately an acceptable alternative. In either case, abortions should be legal for those who truely need it. Otherwise its the coat-hanger and that is definately unacceptable. However, those that abuse abortion should pay out of their own pockets (perhaps even with an extra tax).

The thing about abortion is that no sane and informed woman would ever want to go through that. It is a long, painful, and traumatizing experience. The circumstances have to be great for it to become a legitimate option. I don't think that most women have terrible reasons when they choose to abort, but those that do should be better educated. Abortion as a career move is NOT a good reason at all (or for any other egocentric reason). Abortion at 13 is already much more logical, but i would still highly recomend to the girl that she finish her pregnancy and give it up for adoption instead... if only to spare her the trauma at such an innocent age. Abortion for rape victims goes without saying, as it does for medical reasons.

The biggest flaw in this vid, is that you talk about abortion like i talk about taking out the garbage. You give no scope as to what abortion really implies.
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Return to RSS Youtube Video Discussions