Atheist Haters

"Does exactly what it says on the tin."

Atheist Haters

Unread postby MistahTom » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Discuss the video Atheist Haters here.

For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Re: Atheist Haters

Unread postby roid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:33 am

you misunderstand Omnipotence.

Omnipotence is the capability for unlimited power. There is no clause that requires use of that unlimited power at all times.
Example: I can drive a car, but i'm not driving a car right now. I could if i wanted to though.
Superman has x-ray vision, but he can choose to use and not use it at any time. It doesn't change the fact that x-ray vision is one of supermans's powers and he could theoretically use it 24/7 if he wanted to.

But then there's the question of power corrupting, and absolute power corrupting absolutely.
What possible reason would superman have to NOT use his x-ray vision constantly. It's possible the temptation of the payoffs will be too great, and he'd just use it all the time.
Likewise with Omnipotence. If you have the capability to control absolutely everything absolutely all the time, i think it would be quite difficult to stop yourself. It would corrupt absolutely, you'd likely use it all the time.
roid

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby MistahTom » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 am

roid wrote:you misunderstand Omnipotence.

no I don't.
For the same reason you reject other gods, I reject yours.

Atheist
Atheist
MistahTom

Reputation point: 1

Unread postby roid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 am

i clearly showed you don't, with a well reasoned and written response.
Please acknowledge the challenge and write a response like a rational human being.
roid

Reputation point: 0

Unread postby H3RM3S78 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 am

The omnipotence arguement is flawed because it is a human concept trying to define a divine concept. Using such arguements does not bring credit to the atheist, but only shows his ultimate lack of imagination for a million other reasons not to bellieve in God (each one being better than the omnipotence arguement). If God exsists, then how can we humans possibly fathom God? God is beyond us.

I am mostly agnostic because i truely believe that the so called representatives of God are frauds and that they feel above their mandates. If clergy had actually become examples of Christ, then i might've become a preist myself (i am a care-giver at heart). However, i will not encourage such a perverted religion.

The arguement about God's plan including atheists is really good though. There are plenty of refferences to that effect in the Torrah (Old Testament). And if i did believe in God, then i would certainly believe in that logic. If God exsists, then he is definately all about diversity (as is apparent in nature).
please delete this account
H3RM3S78

Reputation point: 760

Return to RSS Youtube Video Discussions