Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me.

Relax, kick back and shoot the shit

Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me.

Unread postby willow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 am

Sooooooooo..... Hello??? <crickets> HELLO???? <tumbleweed rustles past> *ahem*...*cough cough* HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo..... *sniffle*

Alright everyone. Whats been up lately. Its been about 3 years and I'm sorry for my absence. I've been at school for the last while and thus insanely busy. Plus it meant I left my cushy night job at an answering service and thus spent literally dozens of hours less on computers every week. That being said I have thought of the RSS crew often as I was doing different papers and having various arguments. I could have used ICM and Azmo in the economics courses to liven things up, American politics with the various Americans I know, Lil, eve, HW and everyone else :P

In the meantime I was getting me edumacated. Some of you on my facebook might have seen the occasional news feed item but I somehow doubt it. I see Jon on FB and I'm glad to see hes doing well. :D I have picked up a political sciences degree with a minor in history. Just finishing up my last semester in the next 6 or 7 weeks. So instead of long winded posts, I've been writing way to many long winded papers on various topics like war, peace, political theory and history. I suppose I might have improved my writing and arguing skills :P On the up side, I've *finished a 4 year degree in 3 years, and spent nearly half my degree (this semester pending) on the Dean's list which makes grad school a possibility... If I ever manage to pay down some of the re-DONK-ulous piles of student loan debt I piled on >.<

I have moved from Vancouver, to a smaller town about a 100 miles from there, changed jobs and gone to school. What have you all been up to?????? I DEMAND ANSWERS FROM YOU ALL.
dirty work... the right google key words...
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 932

Re: Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me.

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:10 am

Hmmm, demand huh? That makes me want to ignore you. But I know you well enough to know after I thought about it that you were being sarcastic, cynical, or some other emotion similarly making that statement meaningless. So here I am, still checking this forum occasionally, hoping to chat with someone again - I love that chat area. Unfortunately, I never find anyone else logged in.

I love Pink Floyd BTW, they are one of the dozens of bands that stick with my music taste, in my all-time favorites, across many decades. I've even been listening to "Wish you were here" (the whole album, not that it is very long) while playing Civilization V on the computer lately. That's a sad song, you know they were talking about that original band member (Syd Barrett) that went nuts - before they started to get rich from the music. As sad as it is, the album was a masterpiece. Now I have to mention "The wall" just because it was a masterpiece too - especially if you can understand the blues, and the frustrations of 'the common man.'

Well you asked me to post on your thread, and the only thing I can think about to say is what I was talking about in the chat box:
Yeah, I worry about the U.S. people, someday we may become slaves to China. People here don't take the Chinese debit seriously any more, and that makes it OK to borrow more than we will ever repay. People don't realize what kind of sticky foreign relations consequences this can have, especially if certain political/military conditions develop. If China demands that we begin repaying the debit, in a significant manner, but we don't, they have so many people that if they invaded the entire North America we would all be completely overrun and overwhelmed before we could really react. But I don't want to get into the military portion of this discussion, this is more about how bad we are for borrowing so much from another country. We have gotten so fat and complacent that most of us don't really have much of an idea of how bad a war is. I think that we think that it is much like (the more realistic) video games, but when you actually know someone, then see his guts spilled all over the place from being cut in half, that's really what war is like. Women and children without a source of support - hungry and infected with diseases. Yeah, it could happen here. Instead, we all just borrow more for that boat, 'cabin up North,' and to put their children through college - were they all cheat their way through using today's technology. I think judgement day is coming, and I'm not speaking of a religious judgment day, watch out for the Chinese. /end rant
Last edited by HalloweenWeed on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby willow » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:22 am

I know what ya mean about the Chinese.
The thing to remember is that they are completely economically dependant on the US as a market for the Chinese manufactured goods. If the US stops buying the Chinese economy collapses, hence they wont be calling in that debt any time soon. The situation in the Ukraine is definitely cause for alarm to a lot of people though. Thanks for the update and Pink Floyd ftw.
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm

So many prog rock fans, I feel to earn my stripes I should mention seeing The Wall in Dublin last year. It was Roger by himself, but it was still a fantastic show. The politics of war was very much a theme.

Congrats on your qualifications Willow. I admire your dedication and hard work, it is something I am severely lacking in.

I have a whole series of small events that have kept me busy, however the one big thing I have learned over the past 2 or 3 years is time marches by - very quickly. So I have tried to discipline myself to slow down and enjoy as much as possible. Floyd quote to close.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun ...
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby willow » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:29 am

Mwahahahaha I now officially have BA :D My opinion is qualified n shit yo! lol Im thinking of going for an MA program for next fall.
I would love to see the wall, even if it was just the one guy. The album is amazing :D
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Return to The Chill Out